Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Millenium Stadium Parking
  • neilb67
    Free Member

Ive been invited to the British Speedway Grand Prix tomorrow night at the Millenium Stadium and I was wondering if anyone has got some recomendations on where to park? Ive heard that parking is pretty scarce around the stadium so am I best doing the park and ride or try and park in one of the streets near by. I will be driving down from Brum.

fadda

The stadium's right in town, so any car park in Cardiff will be just a walk away.

Just head for the city centre and you'll be fine.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

awesome event the atmosphere is amazing!!

neilb67
    Free Member

Thanks Fadda. Wasnt sure about parking in town but will probably give it a go. Got a pits pass through Team Denmark so really looking forward to it.

fadda

You'll have a great time. It's a great stadium, and right in the middle of town. You can see the "stickie-up bits" from all over!

ell_tell
    Free Member

If your going to be parking in ncp, which I assume you'll want to do if you want to park anywhere near town, then you'd be best off parking in the new car parks by the St Davids 2 shopping arcade.

Evening rates there are much better than say the ncp off Westagte Street even though they are also ncp – I think they're cheaper to encourage people for late night shopping and to the new restaurants.

Failing that you could possibly park on Cathedral Rd and walk in. Easy walk but not guarenteed a space and Cardiff have just this week launched a new parking control scheme (think lots of Council wardens in uniforms prowling the city) which sounds quite strict on problem parkers. 🙂

yamyamblade
    Free Member

pits pass that will be good, take some ear plugs the noise will be deafening down there, give Nicki Pedersen a slap from me 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

DON'T drive your car into Cardiff saturday for the speedway, there's terrible road works in the city centre at the moment. With the crowds coming in for the speedway and the rest of the normal traffic it'll be a nightmare. Try and park up away from the city centre and walk in.

When we wnet to the Championship playoff final (SUFC v Wolves – less said the better) a few years ago, we parked in the railway station car park bang opposite the ground with no probs.

keppoch

Use the Cardiff East P&R so long as you will be returning there before it closes (last bus back 7pm). Only £3 per car and the bus priority into town will be far better than queuing with fellow speedwayers (no doubt with air horns).

10 minute walk from where it drops you.

keppoch.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I'd park at Eastbrook station and get the train to Central. Cheaper than parking. Thats what we always do anyway. Or park down by the River.

IdleJon

Admiralable – Member
    I'd park at Eastbrook station and get the train to Central. Cheaper than parking. Thats what we always do anyway. Or park down by the River.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Do you happen to work for the biggest insurer in town, Admiralable?

(No, I'm not stalking you, but I'm guessing we have the same employer, although I'm in Swansea.)

Admiralable
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Do you happen to work for the biggest insurer in town, Admiralable?

(No, I'm not stalking you, but I'm guessing we have the same employer, although I'm in Swansea.)

Umm how did you guess? 😳

neilb67
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice. Ended up parking in one of the NCP carparks and walking down to the stadium

yamyamblade – Member

give Nicki Pedersen a slap from me

No need, his team mate did it for me. It got a bit heated between him and Hans in the pits….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Millenium Stadium Parking’ is closed to new replies.