Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Milk bottles! Arrrgggh!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Why don’t they make a **** lid that doesn’t leak!!!!!

thepurist

These work once you’ve got the foil off.

VanHalen

why dont more people use a glass bottle and a milkman?

creamegg
    Free Member

yeah because those foil caps are really leak proof!

camo16
    Free Member

Cost. Weird lids. Too much waste, in our case.

Also, our milkman was a proper smarmy ****.

edlong
    Free Member

Three reasons:

1) Many places aren’t served by a milkman so it’s not an option

2) Changing patterns of work – fewer “housewives” at home and therefore more houses already unoccupied by the time the milkman would arrive (exacerbated by longer commutes: in the olden days most people lived near where they worked and didn’t have to leave the house at six-seven o’clock to commute many miles)- milk left out all day would be (a) rancid by teatime and (b) an advertisement to your local burglar that the house is empty

3) It’s cheaper from the supermarket. This is also a big factor in (1).

the-muffin-man

We always used an independent milkman until he killed himself last year.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Doing what muffin man?
    It’s **** leaked into my door pocket, aah the joys of rotten milk smell in the van for a week or so! 👿

globalti
    Free Member

Our milkman is also a flying instructor; his patch covers a huge area, which he does very early in a diesel pickup before going off to kick-start Jumbo jets or whatever. He’s dead reliable, unlike Dennis my milkman in Summerseat who was as mad as a box of frogs, had one tooth and used to disappear off to Thailand for a month every year. Sometimes his knackered old Sherpa milk float would stay abandoned in the middle of the road for considerable periods of time while he was indoors, er, chatting with certain single older ladies. The milk was often warm and on the turn when I got it.

jamiea
    Free Member

We did for a few years, price kept going up by 5p every 2-3 months. Then it was time the little one went on to cows milk and the saving by buying at the supermarket was not to be sniffed at.

Cheers,
    Jamie

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I find the idea of having my milk delivered by a local milky quite quaint, but I see more disadvantages than advantages.

I find it fascinating that politicians get grief for not knowing the price of a pint of milk. If I buy a 4 pint bottle from Asda it’s 25p per pint, but I’ve no idea how much just one pint of milk is bought on its own. Does that make me out of touch with the real world?

jfletch
    Free Member

We used to get milk delivered but it wasn’t as fresh as the stuff fom the supermarket so we stopped. Probably something to do with it being sat on the back of a pickup for hours and the on the step till we out it in the fridge.

Surely an insulated milk bottle wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Milk bottles! Arrrgggh!!’ is closed to new replies.