Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Military Quartz Watch
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So my Japanese domestic Quartz military Seiko has just stopped working. I took it in the shower yesterday as the NATO strap had got smelly and this morning I notice the crown is missing and it’s stopped.

I *suspect* it’s not worth fixing. I dropped it couple of years back so it’s got a few chips around the bezel as well.

Any suggestions on a replacement? This looks closest in style and can be picked up for about £140. Any suggestions of others I should look at?

5thElefant
    Free Member
    epicsteve
    Free Member

We used the Military Watch Company ones – I think they were about £50 each. Ours have been great – SWMBO’s isn’t scratched up despite having been used on army training camps and the like for a couple of years and neither of ours have leaked despite being worn when diving.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I like the 5 but not interested in a mechanical watch. I can’t see any benefits to a mechanical watch. Yes, maybe I don’t need to a replace a battery after 5 or so years but I get accuracy and can pick it up a week after last wearing and not have to set it.

jimw
    Free Member

One of the Citizen Eco-Drive watches? They have the advantage of never* needing to change a battery.

For example from Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2513306.htm

*the watch I am wearing as I type is 15 years old and has never had a battery change

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Get a real one

CWC BRITISH MILITARY G10

jimw
    Free Member

oops double post.,sorry

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Get a real one

“acrylic glass” = easily scratchable plastic. From what I’ve read of those they’re a fairly unrefined case.

This Citizen caught my eye though – looks good in various colourways as well

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=BM8475-26E

SiB
    Free Member

SiB
    Free Member

[/url]

Got the T05104 last month for half price, bargain! That particular one is not on sale any longer but some nice ones are. Not too big either but big enough

SiB
    Free Member

torgoen watches

hopefully got it right this time, sorry!

somouk
    Free Member

I have a luminox or G Shock for when I’m running around playing soldiers and both are great.

Not showing much damage after years of use.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

it’s not military as such, but I got the Apeks 200M divers watch with a sub to a dive magazine 3 or 4 years ago. Seiko movement, keeps decent time, hands are very luminous and rubber strap doesn’t tend to smell. Day date but not smart so you do need to change the date manually on months that don’t have 31 days. Used as backup to a dive computer so it’s been immersed in salt water on a regular basis but gets rinsed off after a dive and is fine. Also used as normal watch.

qwerty
    Free Member

This is quite nice, solar powered:

SNE331

Duffer
    Free Member

Do you want a watch with ‘military’ in the name, or one which military types actually wear?

Kryton57

Those Seiko SND57A Autos were on Amazon reduced to about £88 the other day.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Do you want a watch with ‘military’ in the name, or one which military types actually wear?

Simple, clean looking, unostentatious, analogue watch.

Like the Torgoen – https://www.torgoen.com/watches/on-sale/t05bk.html?id=162

Qwerty – prefer this Citizen

A little too subtle in Grey on Grey

inbred853

As in true STW style recommend what you wear, Traser Ti Commander with gasgasbones strap of your choice.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Suunto was pretty much standard issue in our Troop.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Military Quartz Watch’ is closed to new replies.