Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mike Cotty's Latest Challenge: 666km of French Alps in 36hrs
  • c_klein87

Hopefully not a double post Although its road based Mike is a mountain biking legend, regular on the xc circuit as well as sub 24hr SDW double, 24hrs Worlds champ etc

On August 5th I’ll attempt a personal challenge to cycle non-stop through the heart of the French Alps from Evian Les Bains to Nice, a distance of 666 kilometres with 17 mountain passes – including the Col de la Colombière, Madeleine, Glandon, Croix de Fer, Télégraphe, Galibier, Izoard, Vars, Bonette and Madone – with over 16,000 metres of elevation and five cols over 2,000 metres. Comparable to four mountain stages of the Tour de France or close to scaling Mount Everest (twice) it’s a moment of escapism, intrigue and respect to the high mountains that is the true inspiration for such a ride.

You can his progress via his site

m1kea
    Free Member

Barking mad he is 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

I’d probably struggle to do that in a car!

jameso

Amazing riding if he does it, and I expect he will. We rode a very similar route Geneva-Nice over all the major cols, took 3 long, tough days. Half that time, non stop? Legend.

julianwilson
    Free Member

That’s nuts. What a dude!

timb34
    Free Member

Looks like he’s heading up the Bonette now:

http://www.mapmytracks.com/events/les-alpes/race/les-alpes1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mike Cotty's Latest Challenge: 666km of French Alps in 36hrs’ is closed to new replies.