Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Migraines/headaches/stress?
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Been suffering a bit recently with headaches during the day regardless of what I’m doing. Tried to single out different causes but nothing seems to trigger them by itself. Had to leave my christmas party on Saturday night as one appeared from nowhere, it subsided by Sunday but still had a slight headache until last night when the big room-spinning headache came back with a vengeance!!!

Been having a dull head for a good 6 weeks now but this is the first time it’s meant I’m off work. Anyone else have similar problems?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

This is a bike forum*

Get to the FN Doctor! ASAFP

*allegedly

Drac

Off to see your GP if you’ve had headaches for 6/52 /c no previous history.

steelfan
    Free Member

Yes my niece is having the same problem. Got so bad yesterday that her face went numb! so off to A&E and had a CT scan. Thankfully it was all clear but they think it might be a virus or whats called cluster headaches. She has to keep a diary and go back in a few weeks for more tests.

steveoath
    Free Member

My sympathies. I get them also. Don’t let the gp Palm you off with ‘brufen or paracetamol though. Also make a good diary and see if they tie in with particular foods/drinks. I found not eating enough was a trigger for me.

Mine appear to have subsided since I got root treatment a few weeks ago, so maybe cause for you is something that appears not to be related.

milky1980
    Free Member

Should’ve added the doc just told me to take a pill when it gets bad and to keep a diary like steelfan’s niece and go back in the new year. Waited a week for that bloody appointment too!!

Nothing else wrong with me that I can fathom apart from a bit of personal life stressing me out a bit. Has kept me off the bike so could just be due to being lazy? steveoath, lack of food hadn’t crossed my mind!! I’ve cut out my regular chippie treats and cut down on fizzy drinks but haven’t replaced them with anything to make up for lost calories. I’m not a big foodie so don’t eat much anyway, might just have some battered fish and chips tonight and see if that helps.

SammyC
    Free Member

I had this a few months back, almost perma headache for a few weeks. Went to my rather amazing GP and she diagnosed tension headache:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/headaches-tension-type/Pages/Introduction.aspx

She told me to go for a massage, which I was sceptical about TBH, but it worked amazingly. Straight afterwards it was gone, and has only just returned after about six months. Mine seems to be linked to neck muscles, when I find myself starting to get tight neck muscles it returns.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Migraines/headaches/stress?’ is closed to new replies.