Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • might it be broke? (wrist problem).
  • ton

I had a off a couple of month ago. just managed to get down ullock pike in one piece, and took a tumble on the sedate trail through the woods at the bottom.
    I landed on my right hand and it jarred my wrist back. this wrist is almost fused with arthritis. the pain was pretty bad, and the hand was unusable for a day or so, but it calmed to it’s usual aching self.
    when I ride offroad now, and it jars, it feels like my had is going to come off the bars. steep rocky stuff is the worse.
    I can now however use my hand, but it gives me a proper bad shooting pain if I bang it.

I never went for a xray at the time. but it wont settle down, could it be broken?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Currently 6 weeks off the bike after a spill, the bits that hurt were not broken but it did unearth the fact that I broke my Scaphoid years ago, it never healed properly and now I’m dealing with a lot of stuff around that.

Well in favour of in in doubt get it checked out. Goes for everything medical.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I had a bad tumble about 5 years ago…..**** my wrist and tore the ligaments in my shoulder…….
    Most of the pain calmed down after 24hrs…..but I went to the dr 2 days later.
    Anyway the doc said blah blah….ligaments……and as far as he was concerned if I could still move my wrist , fingers etc
    Then it was probaly internal bruising or something and not to worry

Tosser!!…….every week I get painful reminders in my wrist….and when it cracks…..God….it proper hurts for the next few mins

I mentioned my wrist again last time I went to the dr……not interested…..not even a offer of a X-ray

mikewsmith
    Free Member

first rule, always go to somewhere with an actual X-Ray machine 🙂

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Came off last september and broke both of them! Left in 2 places Right in 3 🙁 Had the right plated and screwed left one was just plastered, in all 6 months before I returned to work, riding is still painful at times but shit happens 😀

tinytim

May have damaged scapho-lunate ligament or any number of other things that aren’t immediately obvious

mikewsmith speaks the truth

Probably need a review by a hand & wrist surgeon even if XR looks ok. Where are you based?

(COI: Hand & Wrist surgeon!)

ton

i am in leeds tinytim. i may pay a/e a visit.

arcadian
    Free Member

Dislocated my hand and sprained my wrist just under a week ago. Super annoying (also gross having to pop bones back in place!) but healing up nicely – just lacking grip strength and got a bit of stiffness and tenderness in the wrist and hand. Got a grip/wrist strength trainer off of ebay for a couple of quid to help too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘might it be broke? (wrist problem).’ is closed to new replies.