Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Midlothian trails
  • ymcwhirr
    Free Member

I’ve just moved into the Dalkeith / Newtongrange area of Midlothian. Last night, at around 7pm, I came across a group of MTBers heading south through the village, clearly off somewhere more exciting than the local tarmac roads. Anyone out there got any helpful knowledge about tracks in and around the area?

Cheers

bigthunder
    Free Member

Pretty sure there are trails just across from the sun inn under the bridge. Not sure tho. Have a look on. Trail scotland. Handy wee site. If youve got a car plenty good rriding in edinburgh.

bigthunder
    Free Member

And theres the glentress bus service. Post up on more dirt as well. Maybe have a look at dalkeith country park.

ymcwhirr
    Free Member

I’m looking for trails within a cycle from the village rather than the faff of loading up the car. You know, just a quick blast after work sort of thing. There’s some trails on the hill at the back of Newtongrange that aren’t too bad, although access seems to be getting more restricted, possibly due to trials bikes using it.

Will check out the Sun Inn area – I’ve certainly seen a lot of BMXers coming from that vicinity – go show them how it’s done 😆

rickmeister

ymc, that was probably us.. It was a good night out, lot of single track and mud.. Its all to do with the East Lothing Cycle part of Facebook… have a search… there is loads of active East/Mid Lothian members on there.

Big thanks to our guides last night too…

coastkid
    Free Member

EDIT beaten by Rick 🙂
    Sounds like Stevens ride from the other evening 😀
    Befriend Steven Menmuir and Househusband on here, its there backyard and between them they know some amazing woodland singletrack,

Here is some film around “The camp” at Gorebridge
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkDSTC7bLiE[/video]

Or come along to Pencaitland with some of the East Lothian possie 🙂
    We do loads of nightrides,
    Were on Facebook (East Lothian Mountainbiking group)

ymcwhirr
    Free Member

rickmeister – cheers – I was rather hoping to find out who the group were by posting on here. Not sure if you were heading out, or returning, but you all had big grins on!

I’ll check out the facebook page.

ymcwhirr
    Free Member

Coastkid – thanks as well. You’ve given me loads of great information.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I’d be interested in any info on Nitten area trails too but cant find you on Facebook. Can someone send me a link please?

deepo
    Free Member

Go down the path at the side of the school Ronan/roman path, trails at the woods at the bottom near the river, all sides 😀

gav6613
    Free Member

I know a bunch of local trails around newtongrange and loanhead of anyway up for checking them out let me know im looking for a biking buddy!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bloody hell Rick was that 7 months ago! And look at the dry trails on that video. That was the Rambo Whiskey ride 😀 Just gies a shout if you want to go for a ride guys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Midlothian trails’ is closed to new replies.