Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Midlandtrailquestgraham – How's your house?
  • Diane
    Free Member

Can’t find the thread. Autumn is approaching and we are concerned the front might fall off. Any updates?

Diane
    Free Member

bump

Harry_the_Spider

Silence. Perhaps he’s buried under it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

We live in hope…

😉

dawson

Probably been washed away in todays rain

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we are concerned the front might fall off

Nonsense, the man knows what he’s doing. And what he doesn’t know, he asks on here. It’s as safe as houses.

But yeah, how’s it going ?

The brickwork’s finished up to ground level.
    I’ve made a start on the timber self supporting cladding, but I keep getting sidetracked and there’s not much progress.
    I’m off work next week, so I’ll try to get a bit more done.

A bit more progress this week.

Timber framework going up.

I’m doing a very primitive version of a mortice & tenon joint to locate the studs in the sole plate and wall plate using a router jig.

Some of the timber’s a bit twisted. After fixing the top, the bottom looked like this.

A temporary lever to hold it in place while I fix it.

I’ve half lapped the corners and mid joints using a sliding mitre saw.

I’ve then mortice & tenoned the corner posts in.

Pushing the boundaries of my joinery skills. Yes, there’s a dentist’s chair in my garden.

I’ve left gaps for the windows. I bought this lot today, brand new old stock. Now I’ve got some sizes to work to I can finish the studding.

crikey
    Free Member

Are you having a party when it’s done?

Gary_C

Good work !!

You are Norm Abram AICMFP.

😉

Diane
    Free Member

Excellent! You are clever int ya. When you have finished can you sort out my paths and retaining walls in my garden?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Can I have the chair?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve left gaps for the windows.

It’s not forgetting small details like that which makes all the difference.

It’s coming on nicely ……… the house what Graham built 8)

Yes, sure. I only scavenged out of someone else’s rubbish thinking it would be a bit of a novelty, it didn’t cost me anything.
    It’s a bit bulky and not all that practical, so I just left it outside, thinking I would strip it down and weigh in the metal parts one day.
    It’s a bit rusty and a bit mossy and a bit of a heavy, awkward shape to move, but I can get it in the back of the Land Rover and deliver it if you want it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Midlandtrailquestgraham – How's your house?’ is closed to new replies.