• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IA.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Midges in Afan Forest?
  • vmazie
    Free Member

Help! Anyone know if there’ll be a need for insect repellent in Afan Forest this time of yr?
    Thanks.

superfli
    Free Member

God yes! Midges galore at the weekend. Used the extreme stuff and stayed bite free, but I didn’t want to stay out at night/eve long.

mokl
    Free Member

What he said – I’ve been eaten alive by insects at Afan on more than one occasion!

nickjb
    Free Member

Millions at the Glyncorig campsite in the evening this weekend. Not quite so bad on the trails during the day but still too many.

vmazie
    Free Member

Righto (I had a sneaky suspicion that was so). Thanks.

iain1775
    Free Member

Afan still has a forest???

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ha, yeah, not many trees left.

Midges are everywhere though. SE England is full of them and they’re in full attack mode towards the evening.

Ps seen warnings of ticks around Afan, and it would apply elsewhere too. These are more of a concern. Some carry Lyme disease, which is pretty bad and potentially fatal if not treated. Learn what to do if you get bitten and don’t blindly yank out the tick. If it spews its stomach into you, you’re at risk. http://www.bada-uk.org/correct-tick-removal

br
    Free Member

Midges that far south?

IA

Midges that far south?

Quite. As a scotsman living in the SW and taking the odd trip to Afan etc. if those midges are bothering you then don’t ever go to the north west of scotland!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Midges in Afan Forest?’ is closed to new replies.