Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Middleburn chainrings – XTR M960
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Any good?
    Significantly cheaper than the genuine Shimano replacements (£70 a set of three against £85 just for an outer) and I can’t justify the expense of proper Shimano ones
    Anything else recommended?

br
    Free Member

I’vc used them for the past few years.

Great product, not only cheaper than Shimano but (in hardpoint/slickshift) last far longer – and lighter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got the big ring a while ago and never got on with it, never seemed happy shifting up to the big ring. Changed it for a new Shimano one a few weeks later.

tollah
    Free Member

Last ages compared with the Shimano but don’t shift as smoothly ime.

br
    Free Member

mrblobby – have you still the big ring?

EIP if so

tollah
    Free Member

I may have a couple if mr.blobby hasn’t.

robkhoo
    Free Member

They need a good old thumbing of the shifter to get them to change, you can’t just jab at the shifter and expect them to shift. Apart from that they are fine.

jad
    Free Member

They work absolutely fine. I’m on my third set and wouldn’t consider Shimano.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

can be prone to chainsuck, wider than xtr originals hence the poorer shifting

but good value if they work for you

mrblobby
    Free Member

I do still have it but am keeping hold of it as an emergency spare. Big_n_daft sounds about right, seem to remember issues with chainsuck too.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ordered a Shimano 960 middle ring this morning (£60), but I’d rather pay the extra for the nice gear shifts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn chainrings – XTR M960’ is closed to new replies.