Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • [middle class] – Show me your home office [/middle class]
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Looking for ideas of how to do mine, so as per title, lets see yours!

brant
    Free Member

After many years of shedworking, I’m now happily working in a shared workspace at @thinktod – http://todmorden.net/think/

paulosoxo
    Free Member

That’s a bit pro innit? We are building on the front and side of our house, so as a result, I’ve been promoted from the landing, I now get the dining room to play with. I just need to know what to do in it. So far I’ve decided on a big telly and my PS3. I do actually work at home though, so I need to think about that too.

miketually
    Free Member

My ‘home office’ has a basic table-top-and-four-legs-from-Ikea as a desk. The desk has a laptop, pair of speakers and a lamp on it. There’s a cupboard in the opposite corner, that I got for free, into which I put stuff. Still not got a door or carpet 🙂

Too small to be able to take photos.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was expecting some pretty swish photos on here to be fair. Hm, has anyone got a posh home office?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    fontmoss
    Free Member

sir will be after one of these

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mine is going to be less iMacy, and a bit more boring I think.

redthunder
    Free Member

I have a billiard room, is that middle class ?

miketually
    Free Member
    mogrim

The main thing is for it to be isolated from the rest of the house – unless you want to get into an argument with the wife about the noise she’s making, and then spend the rest of the afternoon with her in a huff. Not that that’s happened to me today, no way. 🙄

supertramp
    Free Member

Mogrim – that has made me smile 🙂

My office is in a smallish out building behind our house that is now joined to the main house by a conservatory in-between. It is very old and built of hand made bricks with 19 inch thick walls, which were a pleasure to cut through to fit new windows (as originally there were none) I have a few days free at the moment so I am cutting yet another hole in the impossibly thick walls to take the flue pipe for my new wood burning stove. Hopefully. when it’s all done it will be a pretty atmospheric place with a very old world feel. I will try and post a photo when the stove is in place, if anyone is interested.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘[middle class] – Show me your home office [/middle class]’ is closed to new replies.