Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mid price earbuds de choix
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Just lost my £30 Sennheisers (CX300?).

I used them more than my cans due to their size.

Is it worth going up in the Sennheiser range much? I like the tonal balance (don’t like Shure for instance) so prefer to stick to that brand since no hifi shops let’s you try them (****s).

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I got a pair of Soundmagic after a recommendation on a previous thread here. The sound isn’t quite as full or detailed as my Sennheiser CX 5.00s, but it’s still excellent for the money. Build quality is superb and if you can’t get them to fit your ears with any of the dozen or so buds provided then you have weird ears*

*my apologies if you do have weird ears and already know it

chakaping
    Free Member

Those Soundmagic buds have given sterling service here.

Still going strong despite three trips round the washing machine.

mrjmt
    Free Member

There were some Shure SE215 on the classifieds the other day (not mine and not sure if they’re still there).

Excellent IEM.

Murray

Soundmagic E10c for me

scarley
    Free Member

I have the Sony MDR-EX650AP. They look and sound good; got very good reviews online. Only ‘issue’ I had was the lacquer on the brass started to flake off during use – didn’t affect them in any way, but allows the brass to develop a nice patina.

submarined
    Free Member

Another vote for Soundmagics.
    I’ve got a pair of e10s which are pretty good, and a pair of e30s which I prefer for fit and think sound a bit better, but unfortunately don’t appear to be sold any more, which is a shame, as after 5 years of falling asleep on them one of the chords has finally given up.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, Soundmagic E10 for me and I am rediscovering my entire iPod music collection because I’m hearing stuff I never heard with my el cheapo buds. They are robust as well, which is good because I leave them by the bed and sometimes tread on the buds in the dark!

My only small complaint is that they don’t stay in my ear very readily but maybe I need to try a smaller rubber cup wotsit.

iffoverload
    Free Member

these sound stunning for the price,

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_566702.html

the pistons for a 5er might be better if you are a bass head though.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_603274.html

[threadhijack]
    cycling with earbuds and wind noise, any tips?
    [/threadhijack]

PS do not be tempted by the copies on ebay

johnners
    Free Member

cycling with earbuds and wind noise, any tips?

No personal experience of them but these seem to have a couple of decent reviews. Or grow some massive sidies, which is what they look like.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Is it worth going up in the Sennheiser range much?

I’d avoid at all costs. I bought a pair of CX5.00I earphones a while back and they seem to die prematurely. The fault is always due to the failure of the wires at the jack end.

Sennheiser’s customer care is utterly useless.

I won’t be bothering them with my custom in future.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have the Sony MDR-EX650AP. They look and sound good; got very good reviews online. Only ‘issue’ I had was the lacquer on the brass started to flake off during use – didn’t affect them in any way, but allows the brass to develop a nice patina.

As above. Superb for the money.
    Mine are used daily for phone calls as well as for travel, etc, and are still running after two years plus. Pretty much perfect, IMHO.

nickhit3
    Free Member

had two pairs of sound magic e10’s as others mentioned. both failed in 18 months. as with the previous 4/5 pairs of senn cx300’s, they don’t last in my experience. love the sound magic sound, though the durability annoys me – normal daily usage commuting etc. guess im just hard on them! Must be all that s club7.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes must be, as Sound Magic E10 here too and used daily for 4 years.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting conflict of expernces as ever!

I might risk flasher’s recommendation…JL here I come

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Klipsch Image S4’s for me. Whichever earbuds you use the quality and isolation will be improved a lot if you add some of these into the mix
    http://www.complyfoam.com/

BillOddie

Soundmagic here too.

I’m hard on earbuds (gym use etc) and they have been the sturdiest and best sounding I’ve used.

scud
    Free Member

Guess what…Soundmagic here too, mine have done 9000 miles of commuting and me falling asleep with them in most nights (listen to science podcasts to help me sleep!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting. JL had no Sonys of that ilk, and I got waylaid by some wireless ones for £65.

Indecision made me walk out …

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mid price earbuds de choix’ is closed to new replies.