Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Microwave oven help
  • grantway
    Free Member

Hi guys

Thinking of updating the microwave
    But have seen an microwave oven, with Convection and Combination cooking

Help need does anyone else have this type of microwave oven ?
    Or ant experiences ?

grantway
    Free Member

No one have one ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I got a new one recently & bought in to the oven thing, done jacket spuds in it once, they were great but in reality it has only ever been used as a microwave for all but that one time.

HTH.

druidh
    Free Member

Our microwave has a normal oven function too but I’ve never used it (that’s in about 5 years).

busydog
    Free Member

Ours has the oven function and mrs busydog uses it sometimes–works fine from what I know

bruneep

what druidh says, we got an all singing all dancing one with our new kitchen 6 yrs ago. The normal function is all that is used.

andyl
    Free Member

we used to have a combination one and used it quite a bit but if you do get one then get a big one as a smaller one is pretty useless. You could set ours to come on as well as off on the timer.

dti

got a Panasonic Inverter – fantastic
    even better if it was bigger.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Now I’m spending a few days a week in a flat, I rely on one. Got an induction hob and a combination Panasonic microwave. No proper “cooker”. I use the oven function more than the microwave. The heat is a bit patcher than the big ovens I’ve been used to before, but it works fine.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Funny story about this,
    Our microwave is about six or seven years old and one day went to switch it on and smoke started billowing out the top
    So Fearing it had malfunctioned I unplugged it and took it outside, rather pleased with myself for averting our house burning down my missus came through to see what the commotion was and I told her what had happened .
    She looked at me and said have you switched the oven function on it by mistake.?
    What oven function I retort?
    DOH the bloody thing was just burning off dust inside the top as it had never been used I never even knew it had that function!
    At least it saved me from buying a new one

FuzzyWuzzy

Have a combo one and use the oven function quite a bit (easier/quicker for small things than using the main oven). Mostly just oven-only ready meals and pizzas (my diet is great :p ), did a beef joint in it once though which was OK.

Cougar

I’ve got one.

The oven is “ok” but TBH it’s not as good as a ‘regular’ oven.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my gran loves her ….. we all hate it ….

shes a good cook(we have had meals in the past and occasionally recently from her aga) but ruins almost every other meal by making it in her microwave oven.

boak – seems to turn things into rubber

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Microwave oven help’ is closed to new replies.