Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Microwave disply broken – just out of warrenty
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We now have a wonderful microwave but you have to guess what the timer is set to and any other information making it virtually useless.

There are no replacement display options appearing at the online spares shops.

Any suggestions of how we can save it before I take it to the mancave and start microwaving random things to see what explodes best?

wwaswas

I’d look on ebay. People regularly make microwaves go bang by putting metal in them so there may be knackered one with a decent display you can pick up cheap?

Cougar

Define ‘warranty’. If it’s inside two years I’d be taking it back where I bought it from.

M6TTF
    Free Member

just out of warranty by how much? contact the manufacturer and politely ask if they would help out? always worth a try

andysredmini
    Free Member

Don’t bother trying to fix it. Buy another and as you mentioned use it for science experiments.
    I had one that made a funny buzzing noise so I put it in the garden and stuck random items in to see what happens.
    The best items were light bulbs that light up, half grapes that set on fire and a bar of soap that blows up like expanding foam. Eggs were pretty good too.

Just make sure you stand well back and film them in slow motion.

Cougar

Don’t confuse “warranty” with your rights.

A warranty is provided by the manufacturer, typically for 12 months, in addition to your statutory rights.

The Consumer Rights Act states that goods have to be of “satisfactory quality.” Is it reasonable to expect your oven to last longer than 12 months? Go back to the shop if so, they’re still liable.

You could also chance your arm with the manufacturer as M6TTF suggests. They might be helpful but the key here is that they are under no legal obligation to help you. Can’t hurt to ask though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No receipts…

leffeboy

Please do this and video it, its just made for this moment
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63fYhZ8gSNk[/video]

Cougar

No receipts…

You don’t need a receipt. You may need a ‘proof of purchase’ – bank statement would do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Microwave disply broken – just out of warrenty’ is closed to new replies.