Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Microsoft SSRS – Anyone near Stoke?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

How complex is SSRS to pick up for someone with Business Objects reporting skills? Is there a significant learning curve? Anyone got the skills and fancies a short placement near Stoke?

titusrider
    Free Member

Hey mate
    I work for a small BI consultancy and could maybe help out.
    Ive been working with it for a couple of years personally and the rest of us alot more!. We are pretty busy though so might depend on your lead time. PM me if you want to look at this route.
    I dont have business objects skills but if I'm honest if you can write SQL (presuming thats your source) you should be able to understand whats going on and build basic reports. very basic VB helps with some functionality such as alternating row colours and expressions but all in all you could easily teach yourself and have some reasonable results in a few days. Also 2008 or 2005 ? 2005 has more 'quirks' but is still very usable.
    If its you having a go feel free to contact me with issues and we have a blogsite with some tips.
    http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/blogs/
    cheers

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks – I think my boss's might worry about bringing another company in. They are really looking for a contractor or one man band. It is just a quick resource filler at the moment.

Thanks for the link to blog. I may well use that.

pennine
    Free Member

I've been using MSRS for a few years and find this, amongst others, a good source of imformation SqlserverCentral. As above you'll need to know how to create sql views.
    I generally use a .net program to build the reports or models & post to the server. Models are used by Report Builder (part of Report Manager) which are easier to understand and build.

Once you get the hang of it you can provide some useful reports. These can then be exported to Excel, PDF, Word etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft SSRS – Anyone near Stoke?’ is closed to new replies.