Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 'Microsoft Service Desk' calls
  • ThePinkster

Twice in just over a week I’ve had calls while WFH from ‘The Microsoft Service Desk’, by a lady with a very strong Indian accent; I’m pretty sure it’s been the same one each time.

I’ve been really disappointed by their service though because every time I’ve tried to ask some helpful questions, such as ‘oh dear, what’s wrong with my computer then?‘ she always hangs up.

Any suggestions how I can keep her talking for a little while next time she calls? After all if she wants to waste my time I’m more than happy to waste hers too.

All recommendations gratefully received. 😀

TBH the only thing that has concerned me about this is that it only seems to happen when I’m working from home. Mrs Pinkster never seems to get them and she’s here a lot more than I am during the day.

My home desktop is cleaner than a clean thing in clean land so who ever it is isn’t picking up on anything dodgy loaded on there and my work laptop is more secure than MI5 (that’s probably not saying much though).

Or is it just pot luck?

martinhutch

Sounds legit to me. Cooperate fully next time.

stumpy01

I had this on Sat morning (first time ever) and was lining up to try & keep them on the phone for as long as possible.
    I asked what computer specifically he was referring to and he hung up on me…..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The last one I had became very cross when I said I loved him in that film, Slumdog Millionaire.

You just can’t pay a compliment these days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Telling them all you get are penguins doesn’t really help

Northwind

My dad had one on the phone for about 20 minutes, he’s a genius at timewasting

squirrelking
    Free Member

My folks got a couple from ‘UK Government’, wish I had the imagination/patience to string them along.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘'Microsoft Service Desk' calls’ is closed to new replies.