Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Microsoft Office issues
  • giant_scum
    Free Member

Friend at work was having issues at the weekend, we can purchase the full Office suite through our employer that allows us 3 licenses.

Friend has installed 1 on his own pc and his brother downloaded 1 onto his pc. Brother’s install was all good until he tried to use Outlook. Just unable to log on to it, any reason why this would be so?
    Could it be the license is associated to my friends mail address and it won’t like trying to access through another address.

Any thoughts!

slowoldman

Could just as easily be he hasn’t set up his mail account properly.

I have a 3 user version of Office for Mac. Works fine on multiple machines.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Is this through Office 365 where you go to the registered account and it offers to install things locally taking up one of the licences?

I’m not too sure if it pre-configures Outlook in that case, but you should still be able to manually add an account in Outlook. File -> Add Account, and just fill in the details of your account.

The licence doesn’t restrict it to one mail account, it’s just about what you can install where.

Having installed it from his account though you might find the Office apps are defaulting to logging in as his account. As I say, with outlook you just add your own account. In Word, Excel etc it will show the account logged in on top right of the screen and you should be able to change that. You will need your own MS/Hotmail/Outlook account though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Office issues’ is closed to new replies.