Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Microshift Components – Anyone used their stuff?
  • letmetalktomark

Morning Y'all,

As above – their kit seems to be good value and lightweight – also ten speed compatible.

Seems like one of the few alternatives these days to the big boys.

>> http://www.microshift.biz/about.asp

Any thoughts?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Never heard of it.

Prices?

letmetalktomark

I think their 10 speed shifters are £49.99, mech about the same……

I got a catalog recently with a magazine and they have a two page spread in their.

Weights quoted seem on par with the bigger names.

I looked at one 10speed road mech 198g 😕

cp

only heard about them for road stuff – hadn't realised they did mtb too. their road stuff has a good rep.

trail_rat
    Free Member

has in the past been garbage found on supermarket bikes ! …. but could be improving

road stuff on meridas low end bike wasnt bad last year !

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I recall there was chatter on the weight weenies site regarding the twist shifters, got mixed reviews.

Everywhen
    Free Member

My LBS recommended I give their front mech a go on my On-One build.
    So far it has performed as well as any SRAM or Shimano front mech I've ever run.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i do have one complaint – on some of their stuff changing a cable is a new shifter job as they have a tendancy to explode ! – and their shimano compatible stuff (if it was that – came on bikes specced with shimano mechs and microshift shifters from the supermarket) never worked together ….

gee
    Free Member

I've had a play on a couple of mtbs with their top stuff on – it's hideous. Stiff shifting, random indexing, plasticky components, etc, etc. Get XT or SLX.

GB

yoda
    Free Member

I've got their stuff on my cross bike and road bike.
    I have the sti shifters on the cross bike and I can't fault them.As easy to shift up as Shimano and a good solid down shift.
    Also have the "Arsis" carbon rear mech on the road bike,running with Shimano Ultegra everything else.Not put a foot wrong so far.
    I think Roy Hunt(Vets champ) runs it for cross.
    Best thing about them is that when you're on the hoods you just knuckle to shift down, genius.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Microshift Components – Anyone used their stuff?’ is closed to new replies.