Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mick McCarthy
  • bullheart
    Free Member

I was thinking the other day; How is McCarthy still in a job? He whines about everything, shows no innovation as a manager or motivator, and has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. And I say this as a Lions fan who remembers what he was like for us.

And now he’s no longer at Molineux. Question is, at this part of the season, who will take the reins?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

No idea, but I don’t think he’s a bad manager. We never gave him a fair crack at Sunderland.

Haze

No idea who’ll take over, the list of usual suspects hardly looks inspiring.

Great guy who’s given me the best of my 20+ years following Wolves.

Shame it had to come to an end but things had run their course.

magoo37
    Free Member

Even as an Albion fan I’ve always liked the guy, its refreshing to hear a manager say it as it is … sadly managers are under pressure after the shortest run of bad results these days and so, given Wolves bad run there was no way he could survive a thumping at home against the clubs fiercest rivals!

kinda666
    Free Member

Thanks for the memories Mick, the last manager I’ve genuinely had any affection for since Turner, and like Haze says the best Wolves team I’ve seen play at the Golden Palace, and I’ll never forget where we were at when he took over after Hoddle left us deep in the brown stuff, but after Sundays humiliation there was no going back, his time was at an end, and even with the bad results the crowd never really turned on him like we have with past managers (Swansea excepted)

Even though he got the sack he still only had good things to say about the Wolves! I’m sure he’ll come back to haunt us one day
    UTW

tomaso
    Free Member

To lose so badly to the Baggies at home could only result in one thing. Its a shame as Mick has been good for the club. No idea where they go now and how the gesture of using the manager as the fall guy for a team sport leaves them. It may involve a creek and no paddle?

allthepies
    Free Member

I saw him once at Stanstead airport.

HTH.

piha
    Free Member

I saw him once on a Ryanair flight to Dublin.

HTH.

maxray
    Free Member

I once saw him on the canal footpath in Birmingham, he reminds me of a grey Guy Smiley :D:D

geoffj

who will take the reins?

Roy Keane FTW

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mick’s on his way to Elland Rd. Hopefully.

Wouldn’t mind Warnock but whichever way you look at it, Warnock is still a tw@.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I saw him in Leisure Lakes in Wolverhampton about three months ago, looked like he was collecting a Wilier road bike.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Steve Bruce must be knocking at the doors at Wolves surely?!

Haze

but whichever way you look at it, Warnock is still a tw@

A well known other way of looking at it, is he’s a **** 😉

edit: swear filter, but those that know what I mean, know what I mean!

kinda666
    Free Member

Colin

bonzodog
    Free Member

Dragging up an old post I know, but they had a good day today. Great comeback. Coming away from St James Park with a point is no mean feat given the current form theyve been enjoying.

Well done TC 😀

Haze

+1 🙂

mikey3
    Free Member

Used to love TC when he played for swansea,hope he does well,not at our(swansea)expense of course!

kinda666
    Free Member

Super Terry Connor 😆

Garry_Lager

Decent result that. Sacking Mick was a joke in hindsight – no slight on TC but if you can’t attract a recognised manager WTF is the point? As bad a result as the baggies beating was, the players would still put in a shift for old Mick.

Haze

Problem was Garry, there wasn’t any decent managers available.

Mick’s departure was necessary, the timing was appalling.

Napalm
    Free Member

Great start for clipboard today & we may yet stay up; probably because the bottom 3 are so bad.

Garry_Lager

Mick’s reaction:

kinda666
    Free Member

Once upon a time he held a clipboard,
    where he used to write a thing or two, or three or four,
    staring at his clipboard for ******* hours,
    thinking what the **** we gonna do?
    These are the days my friend
    we hope soon they end,
    we sit and moan forever and a day,
    we watch the wanderers lose,
    we fight and often boo
    , we are the wolves oh yes we are the wolves..

*shamelessly stolen from mol mix but made me laugh

Haze

Heard far worse Kinda 🙂

Connor’s come in for a lot of stick over the past, hope he goes on to prove a few folk wrong…including myself!

kinda666
    Free Member

Yeah me too, hopefully he’ll prove himself to be his own man and steer us to safety! Might even get a ticket for fulham now!! 😳

higthepig
    Free Member

I have a newspaper cutting that I have carried around in my wallet for years, it makes me laugh every time I read it:

First question asked of Mick McCarthy at a Sunderland fans’ forum last week: ‘What was your highlight as Republic of Ireland manager?’ McCarthy needed a nanosecond to reply: ‘Sending that t*@t home from the World Cup.’

Got to love someone like that, but then what do I know, I support Tranmere! I hope he is back managing soon.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mick McCarthy’ is closed to new replies.