Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Michelin Mud 2 / Schwalbe Racing Ralph / Schwalbe Rocket Ron / Vittoria Cross XG
  • drotos
    Free Member

I’m looking for allrounder cyclocross tyres and I’ve found these available. Which one/pair do You suggest? I need them for racing, mostly grassy and frozen terrain, sometimes mud and even snow and ice. So…?

oldgit
    Free Member

Mud 2s. Don’t let the mud tag put you off.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I raced Mud 2’s in Sweden most of last season, including snow and ice and they worked as well as a clincher can in those conditions.

traildog
    Free Member

Mud 2s, although I’m very keen to try the Rocket Rons. The Michelins can clog a bit

drotos
    Free Member

What’s Your opinion about Schwalbe? Have You tried them?

scratch
    Free Member

Raced on the Mud 2’s for the first time today, found them great.
    I’d only ever used a Locust previously – a hardpack tyre admittedly. Tracked well, cleared OK through the middle, clogged a bit on the edges if anything.

crikey
    Free Member

Had a Racing Ralph on the back of my crosser, wore it out in 3 weeks of 3 peaks training. I was doing about 25 to 30 % on road, the rest off road on smoothish tracks and trails. I would say its a muddy grassy race tyre only, its too expensive for anything else. I had a Rocket Ron on the front which was ok, but again, a very expensive option for little gain.
    For everyday cross use and for dryish races I’d use Panaracer Mach SS, a cheap but robust semi slick. They are poor in thick mud, but fast enough for everything else, including the 3 peaks next weekend…

drotos
    Free Member

So the Racing Ralph wore out faster than the MTB version?

I used RoRo/Ralp combo this season on MTB marathons, XCO, and like them very much. But if the CX version isn’t so durable, I’ll choose another tyres.

I’ll train on road and trainer and use road tyres for that. My CX wheelset and tyres will be in action only in race courses (and warm up before that.)

drotos
    Free Member

The Michelin Mud 2 is 30c. Isn’t that narrow?

drotos
    Free Member

What about Maxxis Raze?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Michelin Mud 2 / Schwalbe Racing Ralph / Schwalbe Rocket Ron / Vittoria Cross XG’ is closed to new replies.