Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Mice. Bollox best get some traps.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Opened a seldom used cupboard in the kitchen that is linked to the under the kitchen sink cupboard, ( unknown to me until i looked tonight for how thye got in.

Mouse dropings all over, it had eaten the flour – through the bag and a lfair quantity of flour.

Emptied the cupboards contents into the bin and disinfected but cannot find an entry/exit point in the floor or wall for them getting n and out. I have solid suspended concrete floors wi only holes for pipes – all the pipes are a tight fit !

Ive had the kickboards off and double checked this.

Wll get some snap traps baited and fitted tomorrow.

Next doors cats not doing its job damn. Might have to get a mouse chasing machine my self!

bruneep

could be worse might be a RAT

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDLXXNfoekk[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its not. I know mice droppings

househusband

Welcome to borrow one of ours – Tangle is rather good at finding them.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

We got the same problem. Been recommended “big cheese” mouse traps. Got them today, will let you know how they work out…..

petrieboy

Sounds like next doors cat is doing a sterling job – chasing the mice through to yours!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You’re being watched…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Your probably right petrieboy.

vickypea
    Free Member

We had mice a few months ago, and caught 4 in a humane trap all in one go, whereas they ignored the snappy traps! The pest control man said that they can get in through a hole as small as a pencil, and our house was built in 1840 and probably has lots of small holes!

trail_rat
    Free Member

, mines 1950

Brick built , has air bricks in so guess a small mouse could get under the floor. Cant see how it got through the floor…..- tis 4ft to the suspended concrete.

stuey
    Free Member

iirc – they can squeeze through gaps “thinner than a pencil”.

Although when we tried to get the one out from under my sister fridge – dropped the fridge and the compressor squashed him – nothing like ‘Tom and jerry’.

jag61

its revlolting when they get into kitchens our cats get 2 or 3 a week so we must be almost overun with them outside. one or more destroyed the inner boot of my climbing boots a few years ago high on a shelf in the garage. not allowed to keep cats in there apparently good luck with the hunt.

trail_rat
    Free Member

At least we know what one of the criteria is for the new kitchen we are putting in. No bodging pipes through cupboards – ill pay to move them to keep the cupboards whole 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Meanwhile in all the other cupboards – if its not in a tin its in a tupperwear box from now on.

MrGrim

Peanut butter in the traps, the mice round here love it. Wire wool in the openings before blocking up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

soon to be an ex mouse….. been feeding it poison all week but had a chance to get some snap traps today so i have . ill set a few up in and around the cupboard.

also got some 316L stainless vent shroud which ill mount on the inside of the air bricks. And wire wool and expanding foam round the pipes into the utility room for the boiler.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hey- there’s no need to kill it, it’s just making a living!

A variation on this theme will likely work, just drop the chap off a-way away from the house. Take it for a ride 1st?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Nuke the house; it’s the only way to be sure. 😉 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

We’ve got rats or possoms in the roof space. Nuking is beginning to sound like the best option.

organic355
    Free Member

My cat is awesome at catching mice.

He catches them in the forest behind my house, brings them home alive, drops them and lets them escape behind the kitchen counters never to be seen again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah yes gofasterstripes …. and so begins the pepetual cycle of me removing him – him returning – me removing him – him returning.

I already evicted some from the rear garage and mouse proofed it …. if they cant chew through sheet aluminium 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

My cat is awesome at catching mice.

He catches them in the forest behind my house, brings them home alive, drops them and lets them escape behind the kitchen counters never to be seen again.

We have a Basil for doing that – he seems convinced that there is a live mouse shortage at my parent’s place.

brakes
    Free Member

the best way to get rid of mice is don’t leave it any food anywhere whether that be open containers, cardboard containers or crumbs on surfaces/ the floor.
    I know we have them in our house – I can hear them in the walls, but they appear to just use it as a way of getting into neighbouring houses as they don’t poo anywhere inside and any traps we put down don’t get used. they did start running across the kitchen floor from under the fridge (saw one late at night) but we blocked that entrance so I assume they’ve found another way of getting there (chewed through another wall/ cupboard back most likely).

trail_rat
    Free Member

we didn’t think we were …… corner cupboard that the previous owner had cut one side out of connecting it to the sink cupboard meaning the mouse had free reign to the g/fs baking stuff…..

anyway judging by the snap that just went off its now an EX mouse.

will leave the other trap set and investigate in the morning.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Mice. Bollox best get some traps.’ is closed to new replies.