Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Metal Shed content
  • wheelie

Just wondered if anyone hear has built a steel shed to there own design?
    Profiled steel sheet is pretty cheap, and seems to be pretty well maintainence free.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hmmm. Also very cold in the winter and baking in the summer. I think wood is more suitable.

wheelie

i was thinking of lining out with Kingspan……seconds of course!!!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Kinspan deffo works. Got a tin shed in the back garden and it was pretty unbearable without it. Now it’s cool in summer, and not quite artic in winter.

mrmo
    Free Member

when you say lining it out with Kingspan seconds, have you actually thought about using Kinspan or Tata panels? There was a place in mid wales that used to sell seconds. All you would need is buy some 80/100mm steel faced panels get some decent self tapping screws, you would need to watch the junctions and the flashings, but that would apply if you use sheets. Oh and the other thing to watch, condensation and wooden purlins, you can get sheet failure, more an issue for cattle barns though.

If your serious i could try and see if i could ask some former colleagues, i used to work at Tata/Corus, if they still offer seconds, you won’t be meeting prime quantities and minimum order quantities by a huge margin, unless you’re not really building a garden shed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

What mr mo is reffering to up ^ there are composite sheets, which consist of panel, rigid insulation then top sheet all as one. Far more expensive than single skin to be fair but would make a great job of it!

wheelie

mrmo sounds interesting…….can you get in touch?

wheelie

bump

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve actually gone for a different approach, I was going to build a steel shed inside my existing wooden shed, but then a mate got me 2 of these very very cheap.

I’m going to weld a box over thr top of the lock, and the existing locking system is pretty dam good.

Each cabinet will take 1 bike with the front wheel off

mrmo
    Free Member

i’ll email you later, so you have my details, But basically if, i can’t guarantee anything, i am able to get some prices etc. I am going to need to know roughly how much your going to need, Panels are typically 1m wide with a 333mm pitch.

There is a colour choice, but unless your ordering lots the choice is Goosewing grey, Goosewing grey or goosewing grey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Metal Shed content’ is closed to new replies.