Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Metabief, Lac Blanc and La Bresse – Hohneck ? anyone been ??
  • blastit
    Free Member

Just looking at options for our Holiday and see these are on the way to the Alps, so was thinking of a stop off. Would break up the journey very nicely, so anyone been and what did you think.

timidwheeler

I asked about Metabief on here a couple of weeks ago. Not much recent info but we are going to have a day there on our way to the Alps.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Spent the day at Lac Blanc bike park two years ago. Don’t know what your level is but I found it quite a challenge, first time I’ve ever had arm pump on a mountain bike! Several graded runs to choose from but I would say the reds are what we would grade as blacks and the blacks Orange. Trails are full on and pretty rough too but there are a couple of techs on site when you bend your bike. Full face lids mandatory and can be hired at the base station. Cracking cafe at the base to. I’d go back in a heart beat if I was anywhere near there again. Loads of clips on YouTube, should given you a decent idea.

atlaz
    Free Member

I used to go to Lac Blanc 3-4 times a year. Great park, not expensive, reasonable queues except in the busiest times. No experience of the others.

blastit
    Free Member

Thanks Guys, so will pop them on the list. Had a look on youtube and Lac Blanc looked knarly , we will be on trail bikes so we will be limited in that department and skill of course. We like Alpine blues and reds really and for me little drops, my son seems more at home in the air than his fat old dad. 🙂

sillysilly
    Free Member

Stopped off at La Bresse on way to Morzine – They have some of the best chicken in the world to help break up the journey 🙂

ferrals
    Free Member

Is the la bresse xc course open to ride normally?

atlaz
    Free Member

Lac Blanc looked knarly , we will be on trail bikes so we will be limited in that department and skill of course.

The green and blue I rode pretty happily at speed on my 160mm bike. I did a couple of the harder routes and they weren’t as fun until I bought a park bike but they were still doable as there are, for the most part, chicken runs on the big stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Metabief, Lac Blanc and La Bresse – Hohneck ? anyone been ??’ is closed to new replies.