Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • meta 5.5 crack – warranty?
  • stevede
    Free Member

Just need to confirm how long warranty is for a mate – he has a cracked uk only xt edition 5.5 2008, two and a half years old. It's in the shop waiting on a reply from madison at the moment but was trying to guage what his chances are as i think warranty is just 2 years leaving him screwed.
    It's cracked at the shock mount (surpise,surprise) and ridden only for its intended use. The shop are dropping commencal which speaks volumes really.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

2 years

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

just riding along 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

yep 2 years for original owner only, but Commie are pretty good generally with warranties etc so he may be lucky, or possibly get offered a cheap replacement frame.
    The 2010 models are much improved quality wise and the cracking issues seem to have been resolved (or passed on to Lapierre ;))

stevede
    Free Member

Have the zesty's started to crack then? I was so tempted by a zesty but have finally put my deposit down on a tried and trusted safe option orange five. May be boring but don't think i'll regret it somehow.
    Gutted for my mate and hope madison come good, he loves the ride of the meta so hope this years are less prone to cracking.

iain1775
    Free Member

they seem to be steve – some good feedback on the '10 warranty replacements on commencalownersclub.com
    Heard of a few LP's snapping recently at the chainstay near the bottom bracket area

GaVgAs
    Free Member

My 2010 Commencal is exellent (replaced under warranty) 😉

I think the Lapieres are cracking around the rear end,chain stay/bridge/ bottom bracket area. 🙄

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, "heavy" frames are heavy for a good reason aye ?

stevede
    Free Member

Pushing boundaries on an AM bike sometimes results in frames failing, thats the risk you run riding a bike outside of its intended use. However whilst in the shop ordering my five the bloke in there said they had had a meta frame back cracked by a xc riding lightweight rider so not all down to abuse. Heard many similar stories with the metas unfortunately.

si-wilson
    Free Member

mmm, "heavy" frames are heavy for a good reason aye ?

I would agree.

Have the lapieres started to break?

The way the lapiere brand 'appeared' on the scene was very much like Commy, just hope they don't go the way of the Commy brand with more than their fair share of breakages as they look like good bikes.

ojom
    Free Member

My word.

A couple of statements and all of a sudden Lapierre are the new Commencal.

Out of 100 sold last year we have had 2 cracks on the BB shell. Both are non dangerous and deemed safe to ride by Lapierre until replacements are provided. The cracks are 1cm long.

They are sturdy bikes.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The way I see it is yes, a fair amount of Commencals have cracked (I've done one front and two swingarms, but they have been thrashed) but theres a huge amount of them going strong.

Warranty wasn't the fastest, but it was down to the way the system worked. At the end of the day, I was very happy with the outcome of my warranty claim, and the swingarm I bought outside of warranty was delivered in a few days.

I still miss my Commencal, one of the most fun bikes ever.

druidh
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – Member

I would agree.
    Have the lapieres started to break?

The way the lapiere brand 'appeared' on the scene was very much like Commy, just hope they don't go the way of the Commy brand with more than their fair share of breakages as they look like good bikes.

Oh – is it time to do the "who has the greatest frame failure rate" thread again? Didn't we agree it was Cotic?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘meta 5.5 crack – warranty?’ is closed to new replies.