Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • meta 5 sizing – pretty standard?
  • catshoe
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m just about set to buy a Commencal Meta 5.5. Is the sizing pretty standard??
    I’m 5’9″ with 30″ inside leg – I’m assuming the medium is right for me. I have ridden one and it seems fine (just haven’t tried the other sizes) . Can’t see me going for a large or a small for any reason. Any opinions?
    Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ on a Medium Meta 5, but I know of some much taller riders (up to 6′) also on a Medium, so you should be spot on.

thomthumb
    Free Member

sounds right mate. i’m 5’11” on a large but i’m on the medium/large split.

iamtheresurrection

I’d say medium too. With such a slack seat angle, you can go quite small and still get a decent saddle to bar stretch though.

I’m 5’11” and just bought my second Meta, this time large. My nuts sit on the top tube when I’m straddling it… Certainly wouldn’t suggest large with any shorter legs…

djglover
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 but with long arms and have owned a large and a medium, not sure what the blurb says these days but there is a big step between them that I couldn’t live with so I had to go down a size to the medium.

grumm
    Free Member

I tested a medium and it felt right – I’m 5’8

iamtheresurrection

dj. I think there’s a difference between 08 and 09: meaning the 09 large is much closer to the 08 medium.

catshoe
    Free Member

cheers people, thanks for the advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘meta 5 sizing – pretty standard?’ is closed to new replies.