Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Met Veleno or Giro Athlon
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

I gave my head a walloping at the weekend at Relentless and even though I've not found any visible damage on my Giro E2 I think I ought to replace it- my head took the brunt of the impact and I still have a headache 4 days later so the helmet mustbe feeling sorry for itself too.

I like the E2- it's a well vented, good looking helmet. I assume, after a year of Athlons that Madison won'thave any left for crash replacement, which is a pity because the Athlon looks like it costs a tenner.

I've found the Met Veleno for the same price as an Athlon crash replacement (can't find an E2 my size for love nor money at the same price) and wondered how well the two perform? If the Athlon is miles better then I'll ahve to go for it but I'd rather not.

druidh
    Free Member

Make sure you try on the MET before deciding – you may not get on with their head shape (I'm OK with both MET and Giro as it happens).

rolfharris
    Free Member

My head tends to be happy with anything, but I know that older mets used to go "out of shape" really quickly.

RichT

I've just replaced an E2 with an Athlon and it is very similar. If you liked the E2, the Athlon is a safe bet.

acjim
    Free Member

I've got the MET and it's ok – bit on the hot side for an XC helmet, I found my old E2 (and speccy decibel) more comfy and better ventilated.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ah, that's a big clincher.If it's hot it's a no go for me. Cheers.

stumpy01

I was gonna say that the best thing about my Veleno is the venting – it stays nice & cool.

Apart fromt that, I have decided it doesn't really fit my head that well, the padding is crap & the straps don't seem to stay tight – I have to adjust them quite often. Will probably replace soon-ish with either a Giro, Specialized or Bell.

My old Bell helmet was miles better in every regard apart from ventilation.

I'd definitely try a Veleno on before buying.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Met Veleno or Giro Athlon’ is closed to new replies.