Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Met Parachute sizing advice please
  • Swirly
    Free Member

Hi All,

What are your opinions regarding sizing for the new Met Parachute?

Do they come up large typically as have been tempted by a second hand one in Medium but I have a 59cm bonce?

I’ve got away with 58cm Giros in the past so realise sizing isn’t necessarily the same for all manufacturers…

Cheers! :0)

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m 59cm too, medium was just doable large was huuuuge, was too big even on minimum adjustment.

Had to send it back though as it just didn’t suit my head.

Swirly
    Free Member

Nice one thanks Blue!

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

My noodle is also about 59cm I ordered both M and L… M was just a bit too tight and the chain bar felt high and chin was out below it… And the large would have fitted my big arse head plus a cowboy hat and still have room… Sent both back and got a large bell super 2r that fits perfect.

Swirly
    Free Member

Sounds like ‘try before you buy’ then!

Thanks Chris!

postierich
    Free Member

Always had Met helmets in a large but last years models the large was huge and the medium just fitted with the adjuster all the way out, I went for a medium only problem is I cannot wear a cap during winter!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have always had large MET helmets in the past but I’m definitely need a medium for a Parachute the large was way too big.

Swirly
    Free Member

Thanks all! :0)

Might take a punt on a medium…

dvowles82
    Free Member

Didn’t read this before buying, but bought a large recently for 60-61cm head and way too big/Wobbly. Ordered a medium in its place, but from reading this thread it looks like it’ll be too small! Lucky the website has free return postage. Bell super 2r it may be…

beano68
    Free Member

Same here .. Im a medium with a 58cm heed and my met is a perfect fit

orena45

Ordered a large for my 58cm head this week (also before seeing this thread) but was too big so have returned it for a medium.

Was intending on getting a Bell Super 2r but the medium I tried in the LBS was too small and the large Super was too big.

The Parachute is nicer IMHO.

Lester
    Free Member

i bought a large, the head fitted ok but the chin guard was much too big and wasnt tight, i decided not to get the medium as i hadnt realised they came with a d buckle which is a faff if you take your helmet on and off a lot, i now have a super2R fits better, but im not sure it is better

dvowles82
    Free Member

Just an update on this – the Medium parachute arrived and does not fit at all! It’s just about ok with dial all the way out (for my 60cm head) but the chin bar is so high it’s ridiculous. Chin sticking out the bottom loads.

Also ordered the Bell Super 2R in Large and it’s fantastic! Decent fit, comfortable, looks lovely and the detachable chinguard will come in really handy. Plus it doesn’t have an annoying D-lock mechanism.

V pleased with it. Hopefully it’ll be cool enough for the general trail riding I intend to use it for.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I have a MET Parachute,go for Medium. I’m 59cm noodle and it is a great fit in medium sizing. 🙂

dvowles82
    Free Member

Quick question about fitting: –

The Large Bell Super 2R fits well when the dial is almost completely tightened. It stays in place when I wobble it, is snug, without being tight and uncomfortable.

But is it a bad thing that when the dial is not tightened, the helmet is quite loose on my head (not helped by the very round, wide shape of the upper piece). But I just can’t see the medium fitting my 61cm head.

i.e. is it ok to rely on the retention system to ensure good fit, or should it fit fairly well without?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Met Parachute sizing advice please’ is closed to new replies.