Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • MET Parachute Helmet
  • pps_one
    Free Member

Basically, I came off my wheels at Whinlatter at the weekend and I’ve lost some teeth and I’ve got stitches all around my mouth. Pretty bad news.
    Although my helmet saved my nose and eyes, It didn’t save my lower face.
    I’m thinking about going full-face, but I do more XC than what I do DH.

The MET Parachute helmet looks like a good solution to my problems, as it looks like a good crossover lid.

Does anybody use this helmet?! Can anybody give me any advice on whether to buy it or not?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Hey pps, v sorry to hear about your face 🙁
    I’ve had a parachute for a few years and would recommend it. The face guard is hardly noticable when riding.
    Luckily I’ve never crashed hard in it but a friend has. When we were in morzine his front wheel fell out on the 2nd jump he hit (always check your QRs kids!) and he face planted at speed. The mouthguard saved him from the kind of stuff you’ve suffered and he went straight out and bought another. I think it would give you a lot more confidence for XC.

Hope you recover OK!

Hooter
    Free Member

Do a search for other posts on this subject for an indepth discussion. Concensus seems to be that METs are a reasonable compromise between normal and full face helmets. I have one and am happy with it, but I have yet to land on my chin. If you’re paranoid, carbon full face is more like the way to go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MET Parachute Helmet’ is closed to new replies.