Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Messenger bag, group buy?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I'm looking to get a postman style Linnell bag for shoving clothes in to get to work (I've got no need for yet another rucksack) but they have a minimum 50 quid order. Anyone interested in one and want to pair up, or potentially if there are more, try to get a better discount for a group buy?

http://www.michaellinnell.co.uk/index.php?p=showprod&id=448&cat=Satchels%20and%20Trays

bobbyspangles

would love to but dont really like the bag, sorry

brakes
    Free Member

looks like a postman's bag

Drac

Looks piss poor quality to me.

atlaz
    Free Member

It IS a postman's bag. They make them.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Get an ortlieb…job done.

woffle
    Free Member

..or find a friendly postman you can buy/steal one off – there seem to be an awful lot of non-postman riding around the area of London I work (EC1/EC2) with Royal Mail's finest bags over their shoulders.

Bez

If you order some I'd be interested to know how usable/stable they are on the bike, as I don't think they have the additional cross-strap that cycle courier bags do. I considered getting one a while back but didn't for that reason.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If you're riding any distance, then the extra strap is a must

Bez

Indeed. But depending on the strap attachment points it may be possible to retrofit something. It's a big bag with a proven reputation for little money, it'd be frustrating if it just didn't work at all 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Surely the postie bags are designed for easy access rather than riding comfort?

A few years back, I invested in a Crumpler. It's been excellent and despite daily use, still looks good as new(almost!)

TooTall
    Free Member

I thought this, from the same company, looked a better messenger bg:

http://www.michaellinnell.co.uk/index.php?p=showprod&id=453&cat=Satchels%20and%20Trays

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, but it's huuuuge 700mm wide x 470mm height 😆

what are you carrying around, a dismembered body ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Messenger bag, group buy?’ is closed to new replies.