Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Merlin Cycles – top marks.
  • lorettocourt
    Free Member

Big shout out for Tony at Merlin – first class customer service in sorting out a problem I had with a bike I bought from them a few years back. Highly recommend them.

cheers

seanodav
    Free Member

Yeah he’s great to deal with, sorted my problem with a fork without any hassle to me at all, great guy!

4ndyB
    Free Member

On the flip side I had problems with Tony in warranty @ Merlin.

When I tried to warranty a part with a known fault I was

1) told to contact the distributor, not Merlin to sort the problem (I knew this to be incorrect, the warranty is with the retailer, not the distributor), so I humoured them and contacted Fisher Outdoor, who confirmed that the warranty was with Merlin & wondered exactly what the hell they were doing telling me to contact Fisher Outdoor

2) told it wasn’t under the 1 year warranty (again incorrect, Sram had a 2 year warranty on this product)

3) had the wrong product returned to me, upon asking Merlin did however apologise & said they didn’t actually know exactly which product I’d sent them but seen as a month had gone by without my bike I decided to accept the incorrect part (it did work, but it wasn’t what I returned to Merlin & the part I actually wanted was still available in their website)

Since this incident 3 years ago I’ve only used Merlin once, simply because they did not provide me with a good service when needed & pretty much lied to/misled me, even though I know the correct procedure and warranty terms. Very poor service IME

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles – top marks.’ is closed to new replies.