Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Merlin cycles
  • hainman
    Free Member

I ordered some new shimano XT brakes yesterday and they came today,nice quick delivery.The other thing was when ordering them,they were meant to be XT M780’s and i received XT M785’s minus the ice fins but still…..
    Did i get a wee brucey bonus in receiving the newer brakes at 62quid an end,I know rose bikes were doing the XT M785’s for 60odd an end but were out of stock for 10weeks,
    All in all im a happy chappy. 😀
    craig

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Always had a good experience with merlin.

rhid

Me too! I ordered the M780. Whats the difference between M780 and M785 anyway? I am really happy with mine!

hainman
    Free Member

As far as i can tell by googling is the 780’s were the 2012 model and 785’s were the newer 2013 but could be wrong,anyway at that price its not to be sniffed at,im not fussed about the ice pads and they look sh** hot compared to my hayes

Twin
    Free Member

Bought an slx chainset from merlin, when I opened the box it was an XT. Brucie bonus!

Superficial
    Free Member

No, I bought M785s in 2011 (I.e. 2012 model). I’m never quite clear on the distinction between model numbers for the same year. M780 and M785 are both catalogue numbers for 2012-onwards XT. For some things, like the pedals, the different number accounts for the difference between trail (caged) and race versions – they’re both the same model year and ‘quality’ though. For things like brakes, there’s no difference between the numbers.

You got what you paid for, sorry to burst the bubble 😛

The older model was M770 / M775.

hainman
    Free Member

ah well,some you win,some you lose……
    must be still using them for 2013 as thats the models on offer for 2013

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve bought M785 XT from Rose on three separate occasions over the last 14 months. They have always had the same model number but the first set came with the finned pads, whereas the second set came with finless sintered. Both were described as 2012.
    The third set were described as 2013, same model number again. Identical to the previous ones.

The Merlin offer is even better than Rose if you buy ’em through Quidco for a bit of extra cashback too.

hainman
    Free Member

never used qiudco,i need to look into it,ye on web it says M785 is 2013 but heyhoo not to downhearted,got a good set of brakes for a good price,got to be better than my Hayes stroker’s

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Merlin are my first choice, always been fautless and delivery has never been longer than two days. I just wish they stocked slightly more clothing brands…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Merlin are one of the best mail order – fast and cheap.

Always been good dealing with question and returns IME.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Merlin cycles’ is closed to new replies.