Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Merkur razor + other
  • yamyamblade
    Free Member

I know the Merkur is the STW razor of choice but what else will I need So I can fill my Christmas present list?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Audi?

aa
    Free Member

brush

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Brush, stand for both is useful, nice shaving cream

Stoner
    Free Member

Brush
    A multi-pack of Feather blades
    Taylors shaving barber shop shaving cream is a favourite of mine.
    Oh and a shower mirror with a suction cup mount. I shave in the shower so have the mirror on the enclosure glass.

willard

A good straight razor for when you really need a close shave.

Or for when some slaaaag needs teachin’ a lesson.

montylikesbeer
    marty
    Free Member

I’d suggest a sample pack of razors (via Ebay) to work out what suits you best.

And a mug if using soap.

bigG
    Free Member

you’ll need this because it is dirt cheap and better than stuff 20 times the price

I have a merkur futur razor in the bathroom cabinet you’re welcome to for a few beer tokens. I couldn’t get on with it and have reverted to the safety razor I inherited from my granddad, he used it for 40years+ and it’s still going strong.

Stoner
    Free Member

marty – I find I can get a lather going in a cupped hand in the shower. Saves on clutter anyway.

nealglover
    Free Member

he he, £35 for a shaving brush.

That’s funny 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yeah, get a sample pack of blades. Seems to be different blades suit different people

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a lather going in a cupped hand

*sniggers*

Cougar

I have a merkur futur razor in the bathroom cabinet you’re welcome to for a few beer tokens.

If the OP doesn’t want it, I’ll happily take second refusal.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Cheers bigG email sent can spend more on a decent brush now!!

pedlad

Did exactly as OP last Christmas. Under instruction after reading on her I was bought a Merkur Futur and soap and nice brush as pressie. Got myself one of the blade selection packs as recommended here and you wouldn’t believe how different the different blades feel on your skin.Be prepared for a 2 month learning curve with a bit of blood! I’m now pretty reliable unless rushed and the get the best shave ever if I do it right.

As well as improving the technique, the best step forward was getting pre-shave oil. I’ve the blue beard one but I guess any would do. I currently use that along with the feather blades which seemed so much smoother that the others (for me!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Merkur razor + other’ is closed to new replies.