Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Merida Selkirk – ground conditions / tyre choice?
  • Pippalarge
    Free Member

Any locals around? What are the ground conditions like up there at the moment? Currently running Racing Ralphs but thinking of sticking the mud tyres on (Bonty Mud X)…

trail_rat
    Free Member

not small block 8s ….

spent the first 20k slipping and sliding into corners last year before sliding straight over a corner and landing chest first on a log and breaking 2 ribs

im thinking a 1.8 dred tred on the back and something a bit wider with a bit of grip on the front – perhaps a trailraker or fire XC pro

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Does anyone know if it is slippy or muddy?
    Saw a post say that most of it should be dry but need conformation before I drive 400 miles!

Smee
    Free Member

It'll be grand that's all you need to know.

I'm going for Nobby Nics, might put a Racing Ralph on the back though.

Trail_Rat – XC Pros are crap and you know it.

It will be slippy and muddy yes.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Looks like it's going to be "a bit wet" again.

Some quite techy sections, and yes it can be slidey. I'm going to be using Trailrakers.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X on the front and Trailraker on the back it is then

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Tonights forecast Saturday rain moving through, Sunday Dry.

So it's a Racing Ralph on the back and either another Racing Ralph on the front or even an Endomorph. I might even do the first climb and downhill on Saturday evening before I choose which to use.

stooo
    Free Member

I've fitted some nobby nics all around for fairly varied conditions and fast rolling. Sure they'll be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Merida Selkirk – ground conditions / tyre choice?’ is closed to new replies.