Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Merida..?
  • steviegil
    Free Member

What is the general opinion of Merida?

I ask this because i own an 850D and its been great for the last couple of years but i never read anything about the brand on forum's, its alway's spez, trek, scott, orange….does this mean Merida does not compete with the big boy's or are they just a poor relation??

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have a carbon fibre FLX3500D and love it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a 3500D and i reccomended it to dimmadan 😉

basically look at the cost of merida compared to the cost of those you list …. yes you have to pay for all that advertising they do …. merida get break even advertising by running events like the merida marathons and the trans series ….

steviegil
    Free Member

So are they classed as a good make?? Alway's found it odd they were never mentioned…

bassspine
    Free Member

I'd class them as good, but then I ride one.
    They build for other brands eg Specialized have several models made in the Merida plant.

trail_rat
    Free Member

define good make ?

just because they dont kiss the mags asses and consequently dont get the great reviews on mediocre bikes that other brands get doesnt make any of those brands better than merida …. but i just see other merida riders as folk who can see beyond the hype …

Smee
    Free Member

See beyond the hype and can cope with a bent frame? 😉

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Or get a bargain! 😀

If you look at the specs they are very good value for money.

zaskar
    Free Member

A pal had a carbon hardtail and it looked great and he hammered that baby and he's a big bloke and it did him fine.

I thought Meridia were like Giant where they made bikes for everyone else and started their own brand too.

Bargain really.

avdave2

Don't they make frames for a lot of the so called big boy's who then stick bits on them sourced from other manufacturers and then hand the project over to the real bike experts in the marketing department?

mudpup
    Free Member

They own a very large chunk of Specialized and also make most of the Spesh frames.
    Sleeper company – the guys that do stock them really like them.

haddock
    Free Member

I have a 550 TFS trail, 130mm forks and a slack head angle but its still such a flickable bike, my cheapest bike but I ride it more than anything else!

jedi

2nd biggest bike manafactuer in the world

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I'm selling my TransMission Comp frame on Flea bay (but ONLY cos I really only need 1 bike, my HT) Really liked the bike when it was all built up. I'd have another if my riding habits warrented it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Merida..?’ is closed to new replies.