Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • mercedes vito yae or nae
  • toomba
    Free Member

Saw a 109CDI vito van 58 plate with genuine 85000 miles,
    would be using it mainly for lugging bikes about on a weekend, any thoughts or do I keep saving for a T5?

parkesie
    Free Member

If its not rusty why not?

legend
    Free Member

I assume performance isn’t a priority? 109 will be slovenly, 113 is good though.

We really liked ours, very little between that and the Transporter we have now. Comfortable, drove fine, only issue we encountered was a faulty/failing DPF but luckily that was under warranty. Had winter tyres on it which got it all over Scottish winters. Obviously tend to be a lot cheaper than VWs too

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

As above, 109 a bit underpowered but fine if you’re not in too much of a hurry. A 58 plate shouldn’t have any rust as vitos were galvanised from around 06 or 07.

andy8442
    Free Member

Nae. I had a 59 plate from new,that went back twice for rust, A/C failed, complete new front brakes after on 50k, bad,bad gearbox,poor mpg . So no.

porter_jamie

Manual vitos are awful in my experience. The autos are much better and the 3.0 v6 is lovely. Post 06/07 don’t rust.

eskay

I have a 2010 Dualiner (long) and love it. I hired a T6 Kombi for a weekend whilst looking for vans and (in my opinion) the Vito is better finished internally.

The six speed manual box is fine, I have a 111 and it won’t win any prizes for speed but is more than ample for everyday driving. Cruises on the motorway at 70mph and has plenty of pulling power up hills.

701arvn
    Free Member

I have a 116 Long Dualiner. Got a significantly higher spec over a T5 for the same money, I think its a wee bit quieter and better handling also. I do prefer the look of the T5 though and would have bought one had I been able to get the aircon, Satnav and Bluetooth.

womble72
    Free Member

It’s a yae from me. 2013 116 swb van owner. Fast, comfy and nice to drive. Better equipped and cheaper than the T5 equivalent. You can go to Pendle and get them remapped for not much money.

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’ve got the same year and model but with double the mileage and all I can say is it’s been brilliant. Hauled maxed out loads up and down the country and for the last couple of years, a caravan too. Test drove all the usual suspects before deciding on the Vito and I’ve never regretted it. Just make sure you get the long wheelbase.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Have a 65 plate mwb 113 manual. nice to drive, good turning radius (rear wheel drive) nice cab. Gearbox isn’t the best but not a big prob either. Goes well, fully laden motorway driving a pleasure.

triguy100
    Free Member

Decent van, would recommend it. I have the sport x model, auto box, plenty flexible and very easy to drive. Would probably go for the less powerful models if mpg is any issue but I have had no problems with mine.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Got the 119 of the new breed and very impressed (the 7 speed auto box is so very, very good – and this is from a lifelong auto hater!). I don’t think I would take a 109, I had one as a courtesy van and it was a bit too gutless.

The 119 is entertainingly brisk 😉

luklagun
    Free Member

Buy lwb or xlwb so dont have to strip bike if rear seats fitted. 109cdi is only 88bhp or 95bhp but u can get them remaped up to 180bhp for just 340quid. Bought ours with 43k and now is 73k and can’t say a bad word about it. T5 are nice but well overpriced and lot more expensive to maintain then vito.

nosedive
    Free Member

Love mine, 115 dualiner in ‘long’. Long is a medium length, same wheelbase as the swb but a slightly longer body, a smidge over 5 metres. As above rear wheel drive means it turns well so all in all its happy in multi story car parks. Saves thousands over a vw

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spent a lonnnggg time looking at vito and vw’s….

There’s not as much of a price difference as people like to think there is, and shopping around defo helps. I could only get a standard white van man vito fir what I got my T5 for.
    I really wanted a vito for the tailgate door, but rwd in muddy fields put me off.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘mercedes vito yae or nae’ is closed to new replies.