Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mercedes SLK servicing?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I am having a full service on my SLK at a local independent garage as I would rather spend the money with him than a corporate main dealer.

How much should I be expecting to pay?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I dunno…. a bit less than the dealer?
    Why don’t you ask the garage?

andyl
    Free Member

how long is a piece of string? (all be it the same string but cheaper than if it was from a dealer).

Having seen the service costs of an A-class as a Mercedes dealer I was horrified. The spark plugs for that lowly 1.6 litre petrol engine cost more than a full service kit for my car.

Purely depends what level of service is due hence the string comment. I’d suggest in the £100-150 ball park assuming it will include new plugs, filters, oils etc. A lot more if it’s due a timing belt change etc. Also it may need coolant replaced, new brake fluid etc as part of a service schedule. Anything like pads and discs would be consumables checked on the service and quoted for in addition.

Kuco

I had an A Class and the service charges from Mercedes was shocking but dropped by half as soon as it was 3 years old.

My guess would be between £250 -£300.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

BearN. Yawn.

SharkB. I guess I should have but I’ve asked them to do it now.

AndyL. Thanks. As far as I know it is just an annual service. I would expect them to advise if doing “extras” (cam belt, discs, pads, etc)

Kuco. Did you stop using main dealer after 3 years?

wilburt
    Free Member

How come nobody ever asks how much it is to service a 2001 Laguna?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mrs had a big service on her CLK320 at an independent that was under £400 rather than £580 at Merc. So we took it back with an autobox problem which he **** up & I ended up taking him to court for £820.
    She’s just had a small service done for £290 at a different independant which included an MOT & sorting out the parking brake.
    As I’ve told my Mrs, ‘if you can afford a fancy car, expect fancy bills’

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How much is it to service a 2001 Laguna?

wilburt
    Free Member

Dunno, about the same as a merc given they’ve got the same bits need changing?

back2basics
    Free Member

(few years back) the Merc dealer i took mine too in Liverpool “forgot” to put the diff oil back in
    then forgot to reclip the exhaust totally back on

then made a total mess of a wing respray under warranty

oh yeah, took off the dash to fix a broken air con vent, and the stereo didnt work after

so maybe your garage will do a better job that a merc dealer.

(ps. Italian Merc dealer where i got it serviced after did a bang up job!)

Kuco

I kept to main dealer.

And had totally the opposite to backtobasic, my main dealer was excellent, even managed to get a couple of faults done out side of the warranty period.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’ve got a W204 2007 C220 C Class and always used the main dealer. A service is about £220 and B service about £340 plus any scheduled additionals. Never had an issue with my local dealer (York)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mercedes SLK servicing?’ is closed to new replies.