Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mercedes A Class
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I'm finding myself strangley drawn to one of these since my previous car was written off! Anyone got one and is it possible to get a mountain bike in the back of it easily enough?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

They're rubbish

user-removed
    Free Member

Don't do it. Horrible, horrible little car. I had one for a year and I hated it. I had the 1.4 petrol engine and it had absolutely no poke at all and was quite heavy. There's very little space in the back and no way to attatch a bike rack. Repairs will set you back a small fortune.

Also, people (me) will point and laugh at you and it will fall over on corners.

The only plus side was a slightly elevated driving position if that lights yer candle.

LAT

My Mum had an A1.6. It was fine in terms of poke, considering the type of car it was. I liked driving it, but being a back seat passenger was uncomfortable. When I came back from an over seas adventure with my Wife, my Dad collected us from the station in the car and it easily fitted 2 bike boxes, 2 big bags and 3 people.

You can easily fit a bike a the back of one.

LAT

There is no evidence that the A class falls over in corners in real world situations. The elk test that gave the A Class its reputation is not a realistic test of a real world situation, and the A class didn't kill anyone in an accident of the kind that the elk test purports to emulate.

Strangely a car that did kill people with lift off over steer, the Audi TT, went on to sell by the bucket load and can't fit an bike in the boot.

I had a diesel A class for two weeks as a courtesy car.

Without doubt, the worst car I have ever driven (and I once drove a Nissan Note)

LAT

I love the Note! I am a not a Troll.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A-Class = Utter shite bought by people who want a Mercedes badge.

(I have a Mercedes, but it's an old classic, so it doesn't count as a c0ckwagen, IMO! 😉 )

Save your money, by a Skoda Fabia/Seat/Polo/Anything else instead!

Kato

I had an A160 and it was rubbish, got rid of it for a Golf

you can't polish a turd

DickBarton

I hated everything about the hire A Class we had on holiday apart from the engine – 1.x Turbo Diesel and it shifted…but the rest of the car was terrible…felt like I was driving an original Kia Pride rather than a Mercedes…just terrible, felt very cheap and just didn't do it…I'd refuse to accept it if it was handed to me ever again…

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Fair enough guys, so the hunt continues!

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

behave!!! the new a class is great!

its got loads of space in the boot area. ok its not enough for a bike, but you cant fit a bike into a focus either! which btw is probally bigger.

i drove the 1.4 version. its a mercedes with comfort and saftey. its not a rally car. its for people to drive about town in a nice stylish looking car.

compare the focus to the a class for example. both have same outputs really..

personal choice but i thought it was cool

knott4me
    Free Member

new model is no better in fact worse than the old one.

the rear radius arms still wear out after 3 years
    the front & rear suspension springs break like toffee
    steering column knocks like hell after 2 years if your lucky.
    petrol engines can,t breat hproperly due to the design of the engine resulting in mayonaise style filler necks.

and if you ever get a flat & use the spare make sure you use the supplied shorter bolts for the spare or wave by by to £300.00.utter junk 7 build in south africa like most mercs these days

parkesie
    Free Member

Drove one hope not to again. Dull unresponsive flimsy pile ****.
    the 1.1 pug 205 i had was better put together and infinately more fun.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mercedes A Class’ is closed to new replies.