Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mens health question
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Well, we’ve had a couple of discussions here recently over mens health issues, so I’ll plunge in with a personal question…

Nightime p*ssing – how normal is it?

About four in the morning, waking up and going for a slash

I don’t remember ever having to do it when I was younger, but it sort of sneaks up on you and you think “hang on, I’m doing that pretty much every night now”

Can’t really think I’ve changed my drinking pattern

its not a small amount – about a pint every time (measured while camping, as a way of not going out the tent in the rain :D) and its regular as clockwork, plus I wake up in the morning at normal time needing one.

37 year old overweight male if it makes any difference.

is anyone/everyone else doing it?

thanks in advance.

soobalias
    Free Member

no idea, no experience.

tempted to say you might as well just get used to it, you aint getting any younger.

someone will be along shortly to say that its much worse…..

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Could be just you.. Could be singns of impaired glucose tolerance so get tested by the GP for diabetes just in case.

Friend had the same problems as you, same age. Changed thier diet, left the car at home and walked to work/shops etc and lost the weight…problem solved..

Or it could just be bad Aids.. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Only if I drink beer past 9pm.
    If I stick to wine Im alright.

Houns

Nope fine here but I think it’s just one of those things that happens to us

Ooh that reminds me……

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

lost the weight…problem solved

To be honest I had a feeling that may play a part… 😕

Will certainly take the diabetes check seriously

for what its worth – very rarely drink alcohol, so thats not playing a part.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not happening to me but i dont drink after about 7 so wake up with a mild hangover/dehydrated instead…its an age think I so endure it or drink less late on.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Your prostate is the size of a grapefruit?

Latex finger puppet needs to investigate.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m about your age and a middle of the night kinda guy. Have been a few years now.

Not worried… it’s nice crawling back into bed.

thepurist

Talk to your GP – you’re young for it to be prostate but you might as well get a PSA test just in case. Keep a diary too – possibly including volumes & times, that’s the sort of info they’ll be after if further investigation is needed (been there, done that). Could be all sorts of reasons for it & possible treatments.

allthepies
    Free Member

If I drink lots of beer/water etc then yes, early morning p*ss call required.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

but you might as well get a PSA test just in case.

Wait a minute – I know what you’re on about there! You’re just saying that because you want me to be traumatised!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4[/video]

Seriously, thanks for the advice guys. will book with the GP

wors

Yep I do the same, always around 4.30 ish for a slash. doesn’t make a difference if i’ve been on the beer on not. But i do tend to drink a lot of tea.

ton

i do, every night, between 3 and 4am.
    i like it, love crawling back in bed after.

joao3v16
    Free Member

For as long as I can remember I’ve woken up at least once a night for a whizz. The only time I don’t is if I’ve not drunk much throughout the day.

Everyone’s different.

I think it’s perfectly normal.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Unlikely to be anything serious but worth a check with the GP

portlyone

It might just be that you don’t sleep as much/lighter so you’re more able to feel the urge and wake up?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mens health question’ is closed to new replies.