Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Mendip Summer – a few pics of trails and views
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Riding solo as usual, so nothing especially exciting. I’m just enjoying my hardtail, the fast singletrack, the sun and views, t-shirt and shorts: that summer vibe.

The green hills

Bike at rest

Proper singletrack

A fav dropoff

Dappled

The wiggly stuff

Wells cathedral

Picasaweb

transapp
    Free Member

So jealous. Not allowed to ride off road for about 3 months. I miss the mendips.

Special_ized_Jamie

Buzz would you give me a tour sometime?

I ride the Mendips a bit but tend to do the same loop and don’t recognise anything on your pics? Guess you tend to ride at the southern end?

flatfish
    Free Member

Think I recognise 6 of the 7 pics. Not sure on the yellow house though. 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi Jamie

I ride all over really, and there’s quite a lot of good trails outwith Burrington Combe as long as you don’t mind a bit of cheek in the mix. I’m sure we could arrange something, though I mainly ride solo because I find it tricky to stick to plans.

In the mean time I can send you a few tips – my email in profile.

Get well transapp

flatfish
    Free Member

Don’t forget to include me on your tips mail. 😉

andyl
    Free Member

Ditto to the above – I really need to get you to show me around.

Do you know anything about the trails in the woods above a certain well known pub named after something someone important might wear on their head? 😀

andyl
    Free Member

oh and I spot Crook Peak in the 3rd pic down. Bot ridden around that side of the hill before. Normally slog it up through Kings Wood. Great fun coming back down from the peak in the direction of Cheddar Reservoir though 😀

Oh and 4th pic looks like where I am asking about…possibly…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Buzz, your still hiding some of the best bits 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

#4 is the trail you are looking for andyl 😀 What’s you normal loop?

Flatfish, you know all the trails in them hills dude!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Buzz, drop in to work, will let you know where some “fresh” trails are

flatfish
    Free Member

Thought as much.
    Is 6 where my bars might not fit through?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thanks Dave, I will.

#6 has some tight corners for sure. You might not manage them if you have your winter mitts on 😆

flatfish
    Free Member

ahhhh the bar mitts route?

andyl
    Free Member

I thought so! I normally walk the dog in there as it’s good for hiding training dummies. I wish I could take the drops as well as she does!

Don’t have a normal loop but we normally take the dog which limits how far from home we can go so not explored as far as I can. I want to do a ride over to Brean Down Fort via crook peak and kings wood.

Most of the time we go up to the trig point and do trails down. I like coming down through the woods to the north of the Fort.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Buzz, I’m feeling a Mendip end of summer gathering coming on, what you think?

Special_ized_Jamie

If there is a gathering I’m keen to join in. I ride the a loop around Burrington quite a bit taking on the two down hills, high point and Tynings farm but keen to see what else I might be missing. I met with a chap a few months ago and showed me some new stuff and I did likewise.

Hopefully if there is a gathering I can make it this time as last time I was away.

I’ll ping an email tomorrow Buzz, I’ll see if I can find some routes I mapped on my GPS

chrischennell
    Free Member

Didn’t spot you up at Wavering down / Crook peak on sunday did I?

Got a feeling that was a silver boardman though so probably not.

edd

a well known pub named after something someone important might wear on their head?

– the baseball cap?

Buzz – we should try to get out for a ride again soon. I hope everything’s alright with you.

Edd

elliptic
    Free Member

Nice set of pics there Buzz… good motivation to get some end-of-season local trail time in before it all turns back to sludge.

Finally put away this year’s big non-MTB ambition/distraction over the weekend, so I’ve got some spare time in hand again now 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Didn’t spot you up at Wavering down / Crook peak on sunday did I?
    Got a feeling that was a silver boardman though so probably not.

That was me, mincing about. Did I see you?

Buzz, I’m feeling a Mendip end of summer gathering coming on, what you think?

That would be great, I’m just reluctant to organize it in case I don’t manage to turn up!

chrischennell
    Free Member

Nah, aside from that being my first post here I was on foot, first time up there just checking it out.. looks like some good trails at the base as well as the decidely non technical route out to the peak. Definately something i’d be up for exploring if there was a meet up

16stonepig
    Free Member

Looks fantastic. I used to go to the Cathedral school, back in they day. Wasn’t a mtber at the time, but I’d love to revisit the area on wheels. I remember spending long weekends getting craftily pissed up in Tor Woods.

How did I go from hilly, green Somerset to concrete high-street-a-like Staines?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A few more autumnal ones. How quickly things have turned!?

andyl
    Free Member

I love picking my way over those rocks at Burrington Coombe 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Mendip Summer – a few pics of trails and views’ is closed to new replies.