Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Men what moisturise
  • sandwicheater

With commuting by bike more I’m finding my face is getting a wee dry.

Will some kind soul recommend a moisturiser that doesn’t stink to high heaven and, preferably have some UV protection?

scotroutes

Body Shop do a couple – Energetic Face Protector has a SPF rating of 15 (and it’s called Face Protector, not moisturiser so your manliness is preserved)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Boots No7 men energising moisturiser. SPF15. Protects against UVA and UVB apparently!

Caher

Bulldog

sandwicheater

LOL, love it scotroutes

Energetic Face Protector has a SPF rating of 15 (and it’s called Face Protector, not moisturiser so your manliness is preserved)

Keeps my Grrrrrr intact. Does mean I need to walk into Body Shop.

Will slowly try all of the above. Cheers

scotroutes

Also available to buy online….. no one need know your dirty secret.

sandwicheater

The perfect crime, ta muchly!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Aldi do one with spf 15 too. It’s rather good.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I also use the body shop one. Their offers in store are ridiculous too. The wife has one of their loyalty cards and that combined with the BOGOF type offers and the loyalty discount they give at the bottom of their receipts makes it really cheap. The face wash (ahem) is good too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I would use a seperate simple sunscreen for the ride and a proper moisturiser afterwards. For the ride you are trying to create a barrier, for after to replace lost moisture. Nivea range is good, I also use Biotherm Age Fitness (you do have to laugh at the names). I sail a lot and a day on the water with sun, wind and salt really dries the skin out. You might consider shaving after the ride too rather than before. A combination of shaving before then drying air and sun will be tough on the skin.

mattedd

You might consider shaving after the ride too rather than before.

or grow a beard and don’t worry about the bottom half of your face?

Cougar

The boysturiser I’ve got on the go currently is the catchily named “The Real Shaving Co step 3 post shave Advanced SPF15 Moisturiser” and cost something like thuppence-ha’penny from TK Maxx. What can I say, it’s white gloop just like all the others and makes my face feel less like David Dickinson’s elbows.

If I wasn’t using singlespeed metrosexual nonsense I’d probably get whatever’s got the least amount of smellies and allergy-inducing chemicals in, Simple or Nivea or some such.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nivea, the white tub, not the blue one, it’s too thick, and a buff below the helmet to stop yer barnet getting burnt and soaks up sweat too.

martinhutch

Diprobase emollient cream. Over the counter at a pharmacy. Really, really effective in very small quantities.

And hasn’t got a poncy name.

Keva
    Free Member

chain oil

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I started getting dry skin fare swimming most days (chlorine) so bought some simple moisturiser. I didn’t tell anyone but after 2 months use not only is my skin much better the girls in the office have been remarking how much younger I look and taking to patting my face and saying ‘feel how soft his skin is’ to each other. I don’t swim as often but still use it at night.

I have never tried another make so don’t have a comparison.

peterfile
    Free Member

simple moisturiser

This is the one I use, the “light” version. 2 showers a day plus shaving tends to leave it a bit dry otherwise.

epicyclo

Drink more water rather than try to seal it in with expensive grease.

vorlich
    Free Member

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula is brilliant.

johndoh
    Free Member

I use the Boots own brand cheapo one, unscented, nothing flash. Costs about 99p a bottle I think.

dannyh
    Free Member

Savlon. Best for after shaving and all other applications. An underrated panacea I tell you.

Russell96

Finish Line chain wet lube

cheers_drive

Simple rish moisturiser. Mens stuff is ridiculously overpriced and over no benefits over thsn the bottle being more manly.

brakes
    Free Member

whatever your wife/ girlfriend/ mother/ lover/ cat uses.

talulah
    Free Member

You could try ‘elements cream’ a moisturiser by sportique in addition to the sunscreen. They make a whole line of sports related creams and oils and are generously sponsoring our team for this year. Although i’m not a guy (last time i checked) I’ve tried them all and they’re really great natural herbal products. Not just saying that either as I have to be really careful of anything I use on my skin as had a extreme allergic reaction to something several years ago. My oh also has particularly dry & sensitive skin and these are some of the only products he is able to use without irritation.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Men what moisturise’ is closed to new replies.