Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MEN Arena
  • MrSparkle

Never been to a gig there before but I'm going tomorrow night to watch the mighty Rammstein with my lad. Been recommended to park on the old Boddies brewery site car park by terrahawk. Anybody got any other advice for going to the MEN? Doors open at 6.00pm is it worth getting there for then to get a good spot in the standing area etc etc?

andywarner
    Free Member

I hate to put a downer on your evening, but I wouldn't dream of going there ever again! We were sat quite high up on one of the sides and the stage was a little dot away in the distance. We left well before the end. Hopefully you'll be in a better seat than we were.

binners

hideous hideous place! The acoustic qualities of an oversize bucket and the same atmosphere as a fridge. Go for a few beers round the northern quarter instead

ourmaninthenorth

The acoustic qualities of an oversize bucket and the same atmosphere as a fridge.

He's going to see Rammstein. None of those things will matter anyway… 😉

Since you're standing (assuming you have standing tickets – they no longer let people with seated tickets into the standing area), then earlier is slightly better, but I usually arrive at around 8-ish unless I'm bothered about the support.

There will be loads of signs pointing you towards carparks. These are usually in all sorts of places, and tend to be operated by Salford gangs who "persuade" local businesses to open their car parks for the purpose (persuasion = not fire bombing them). Never had a problem parking in any of them.

Or, there's a below street level (not underground, as it's by the river) NCP about 5 mins walk from the main entrance, near the Harvey Nics.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

I have seen quite a few bands at the Arena as well as lots of Ice Hockey in the dim and distant past, the sound will be fine, as will the atmosphere, all you need is a decent metal\Rock band to make the place rock, as for sitting in the gods, buy your tickets earlier?

Support band should be good as well, Combichrist….

Parking, the Boddies one is as good as any, I reccomend the oyster bar on Shambles square, a few decent pubs all together with some fun beers, much better than going to the Northern overrated quarter

MrSparkle

Cheers all. Yes, got standing tickets. I won't be going beering before as I am driving. :0(

M6TTF
    Free Member

you can park at the MEN – butyou'll have a bit of a queue to get out – alternatively park at the end of deansgate on the NCP and walk across.

Not the greatest venue in the world, but if that's where your gig is that's where you go 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the accoustics are fine/excelent when your standing, assuming the stage is the same for all the bands and they dont bring their own, I can see why seating would be rubbish, lots of high up speekers pointing down over the standing area, anyone seated is effectively behind the speekers.

Get the train in, we did it and even though there's a walk involved we beat the guys driving back to sheffield.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Another vote for the NCP next to the Renaissance Hotel.

5 minutes walk and there will be a much shorter queue to pay at the end of the night compared to the car parks opposite the MEN.

rOcKeTdOg

combichrist certainly look interesting

i'll be at the LG Arena wednesday, acoustics won't matter, it's the flames and smell of burnt fuel we go for!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Been to the Manchester Vs Cancer shows and Saw Pearl Jam there last year. I also sat in one of the tiers. Great night! Great Venue and the sound was as good as any other big arena. As others have said, if you end up parked next to the venue, you'll be waiting for ages to get away.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MEN Arena’ is closed to new replies.