Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Men are from Mars, women are from venus
  • SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

I am very fortunate. I have a wife who I love, 2 adorable young kids (aged 3 & 5).I have a good job but it does mean 50 – 60 hours a week.
    My wife has given up her job to raise & look after the kids.

The issue is…………….

When I am not at work, apart from helping to look after the kids, I sometimes like to do other things, such as go out for a ride, or watch footie in the pub with a mate.
    However, the wife also wants her free time to have a break from it all… such as see her friends & family, or to go out for a run, with her mate. I have no problem with this at all! Consequently, we have this constant battle going on for the things we like to do.

There is simply not enough hours in the day!

Why o why do I / we feel its so wrong to have some "me" time?

I'm sure this must be a common problem with the collective. Any advice greatfully received!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Bunnyhop

Where are your relatives? Surely they can take the children off your hands for a couple of hours a week to help out. It's what I do.

nbt

Work less. No-one ever went to their grave saying "i wish I'd worked more". Money isn't everything and your kids are only young once.

zaskar
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with 'me' time or you & wife time.

Just get the balance and timing right before you just become friends raising kids.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Zaskar has it right!

samuri
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with it at all. But you've got kids. You'll get more and more time to yourself as they get older but for now you'll have to struggle a bit. Try getting insomnia. You'll have plenty of time to yourself then. It'll not be very pleasant, granted, but it'll be your time. Worked for me.

porterclough
    Free Member

50 or 60 hours a week is a lot to work, especially with young kids. Presumably this means you don't see them much in the week as you get home after bedtime? If so, then I can see problems with you spending weekends out on your bike or down the pub in the afternoon…

Can you not cut down on the work hours?

epicyclo

You'll never get the opportunity to raise your kids again. No job is worth losing that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Men are from Mars, women are from venus’ is closed to new replies.