Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Memory Map on an iPhone!
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Well, not quite…
    QCTViewer

Has anyone tried this app (its available in the Itunes app store) or knows anyway of running Memory Map on iPhones?
    (There was a rumour that there was a Bootcamp equivalent for iPhones but this may have been a hoax!).

(At the moment, Memory Map can run on phones/PDAs running Windows Mobile only…)

There's more info on the app here

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not found it – I tried looking – you wont find it on the app store if you read that thread as it infringes Memory Maps copyright. I would think it would only be used on a hacked iphone via cydia/rock or SSH direct install. In the meantime I have got soo peed off with the restirction of the iphone I just bought a HTC HD2 with winmo and now using MM on for pocket PC 🙂

Alphabet

Hi Mark. Linz has just ordered herself an iPhone. Do you have any suggestions for MTB type apps?

clubber
    Free Member

I use trailguru for tracking routes and it seems to work pretty well. Eats the battery though (all the GPS apps do – I get about 3 hrs from my 3GS before getting the 20% battery remaining warning).

markgraylish
    Free Member

Foxy®ider – Member

Not found it – I tried looking – you wont find it on the app store if you read that thread as it infringes Memory Maps copyright

Hmmm – I'm in Canada and it shows up for me. I wonder whether it has geographic restrictions?

Alphabet – Member

Hi Mark. Linz has just ordered herself an iPhone. Do you have any suggestions for MTB type apps?

H – you best try Doug! I don't have an iPhone yet but he does. In fact, he's testing this app for me!

CountZero

MemoryMap won't do a Mac version because they say there aren't enought Mac/iPhone owners out there. ViewRanger have advertised for an iPhone app developer, and have new funding for a stated expansion onto other mobile platforms.

CountZero

Further to this, just reading a thread up there^^^^, about OS mapping being available for free online, so most of these issues will disappear. Hooraah! Not before time. I look forward to an app on the app store letting me download onto my phone any section of map that I need, usable offline, anytime I want it.

markgraylish
    Free Member

MemoryMap won't do a Mac version because they say there aren't enought Mac/iPhone owners out there.

Whilst I sort of agree with that about the Mac, they are soooo wrong about the iPhone. I mean, how many people choose to run a phone with Windows Mobile??? 😉

DaddyPig
    Free Member

motion x is pretty good. better than trail guru

Frizzer
    Free Member

I use Runkeeper on the iPhone. I like the fact that it uploads your route to their website so you can keep track of your training. I used it a lot when training for my first century a few months back.

Alphabet

markgraylish – Member

H – you best try Doug! I don't have an iPhone yet but he does. In fact, he's testing this app for me!

Will do. She's not got hers in the post yet but it's due by the weekend. Ta

mAx_hEadSet

uk iTMS users will find the iphone app here for a fiver,

QCTviewer

well there we are another poster buy someone who claims to know their stuff.. I'll be steering well clear of winmo now

foxyrider
    Free Member

well I stand corrected but the original thread of QCTviewer suggested by viewing QCT's on the iphone would infringe copyright. Also teh QCT files on MM are very large so will these work with the QCT viewer. A lot of if's and buts. BTW I am very pleased with my winmo phone with HTC front end and IMHO heaps better customisation and BT functionality, wi-fi router, camera, removable storage then the iphone. Don't knock the HD2 unless you have tried it.

"well there we are another poster buy someone who claims to know their stuff.. I'll be steering well clear of winmo now " Perhaps you should take spoon of your own medicine – perhaps you don't know everything about winmo phones. And no I don't claim to know my stuff just repeating what I knew at the time from a previous forum!

huggis
    Free Member

Well have installed the free app Memorymap and it seems ok. Anyone know if the £20 app allows you to load the maps directly onto the device rather than downloading from the memorymap website?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I'm quite happy using MM on my HD2, and it didn't cost me the £20 they expect the iPhone sheep to pay 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map on an iPhone!’ is closed to new replies.