Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Memory Map iPhone app……… FAIL
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

OMG…….. How can they think that they can give the (pretty good) WM version away free and then try and charge £20 for the iPhone app which doesn't even seem to work very well.

As I stated in a post before it came out:

I'll prob get the app unless they take the p**s with the pricing….which may well be the case They would do well to remember that the WM version is free so the iPhone app, while not free, should be suitably priced.

A few quid and I'd buy it, but £20?? Hmmmm.

foxyrider
    Free Member

If no one buys it they may make it free 😉

geoffj

Except the WM version isn't free, it's bundled with a desktop copy of MM.
    £20 for the iPhone app gets you the Topo Starter Pack which includes some map data. It doesn't seem too bad a deal really. It's just that you are expecting it gratis because you already have the desktop MM.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not expecting it free at all. Certainoy happy to pay a bit for it, but £20 seems very expensive. A lot of people will already have the desktop app.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh yes geoffj I hadn't though of that – but I guess it would be nice if you had a copy of MM you would get a free license? Perhaps that is what the OP meant?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Maybe they just see iPhone users for the mugs they are 😆

It's just that you are expecting it gratis because you already have the desktop MM.

I can already use it for free on my Smartphone and PDA why not an iPhone?

joemarshall
    Free Member

I can already use it for free on my Smartphone and PDA why not an iPhone?

Cos they know you're probably paying £35 a month for your phone calls, so you can afford it.

Seriously though, it's a new and quite significant feature, that wasn't available when you bought the software, so it doesn't seem that unfair to charge extra? Presumably it cost them something to develop (iPhone development is annoyingly expensive for a small company too, especially a company that doesn't use Apple stuff or develop for Mac already).

£20 doesn't sound like that bad value if it is a usable navigation system – if you wanted to buy a Garmin or Satmap standlone GPS with OS mapping, you'd be paying hundreds of pounds.

Joe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map iPhone app……… FAIL’ is closed to new replies.