Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Memory map download maps
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Im looking at a couple of trail centre routes (Hamsterley Forest, Durham) but they come as Mem Map data. Ive not got MM on my computer (Anquet instead) so is it possible to convert teh MM file to Anquet, or another easily accessible data piece / software? Please answer gently for not computer techy person!
    Ta

highclimber
    Free Member

yes its quite easy, go to http://www.gpsbabel.org/

jamesb
    Free Member

Thanks, however I can`t see from their conversion listings a Mem Map to Anquet conversion, or am i missing this?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Convert y
    To a generic file. then copy the generic one on to the one you need?

iain1775
    Free Member

can you not download the memory map files into google earth (not sure if this is poss)
    or if you want email me the files and I will give it a go – I have both memory map and anquet on my computer

CraigW
    Free Member

Yes, GPSBabel is probably the best way to do this. Set the input format to Memory Map Overlay (mmo), and the output to GPX XML.
    GPX is a standard format for tracks/waypoints/routes, which is supported by most mapping software, including Anquet (in the latest version anyway).

There is an online version of GPSBabel here, which may be easier to use: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/

jamesb
    Free Member

Thanks all for input on this, I`ll have a look again at Babel; not sure though whether my v06 version Anquet will be up to task, maybe why it was quite cheap for whole of UK??!!

highclimber
    Free Member

just how much was the whole UK on Anquet?

iain1775
    Free Member

just how much was the whole UK on Anquet?

i got it free from a scratchcard that was in last months MBUK 😆

jamesb
    Free Member

£130 @1:50k 3 years ago

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Memory map download maps’ is closed to new replies.