Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Megavalanche Video 129 rider overtake – no cheating :)
  • jimbobm
    Free Member

Thought you lot might like my megavalanche qualifying video, I went from back row to 21st and had an awesome time!

We are a couple and a dog travelling Europe in our 20 year old self built sprinter, riding, racing and hiking. Check the other videos on our channel if you like that sort of thing.

Clicky for the Mega Vid

Cheers, James.

km79
    Free Member

Would be good if you could fit a cowcatcher to the front of your bike.

breadcrumb

Come on. Dig, dig.

Well done!

tish
    Free Member

its a thumbs up from me, good bit of riding and sounds like you’re living your dream, nice one!

copa
    Free Member

You sound like a right dickhead.

tails
    Free Member

Wow! Impressive! That guy on the yellow GT at the ends got some legs on him and also an awful attitude slamming that guy into the railings. If that were me and I’ve no way got the skills to be where you are Id smack him in the chops for that.

I thought it starts on a glacier? Do some people seriously ride that on a hardtail.

tails
    Free Member

You sound like a right dickhead.

He wants to get past but he’s not ramming anyone out the way, give him the benefit of the doubt as it’s hardly a trail centre.

jimbobm
    Free Member

Cheers guys, yeah I had an awesome time!

Yeah the main race starts on the glacier but the qualifying starts lower down.

Copa – your right I am, but with a name like yours I bet you have been called worse 😉

mikey3
    Free Member

Does jurgen klopp know you are doing that

jimbobm
    Free Member

Cheers tails, your right, I am a pretty damm laid back usually but you have to be brutal in this race, especially when its mass start seeding race for a main event! The rules also state you should let faster riders past.

jimbobm
    Free Member

Mikey3 – that took me ages to get that one! He grew up near me too, he likes girl sports though aye! 😉

andy4d

Hats off to you. You were carrying some speed on that run. It looks brutal
    You should send this to cheatymccheatface so he can see how to do it.

tails
    Free Member

I missed the bit where it said qualifying. Would live to go to the Alps but I struggle in the UK.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Easy there Copa, that’s not called for.

I for one don’t have that competitive aggression needed to race something like the mega(or the skill/talent/fitness etc) but I really enjoyed watching that, and thought Jim’s race etiquette was bang on..great skills mate, and good dig!

rossburton
    Free Member

Holy crap the section at about 6:00 was insanely fast. How is that possible?!

Superficial
    Free Member

Good riding but weird attitude. It’s a mass start race where people are ranked on position and you expect people to move over for you? It’s easy to hold someone’s wheel and follow their line – overtaking takes skill/power/experience. That’s why the Mega is great fun and different from anything else.

jimbobm
    Free Member

Cheers Dumbbot, you do have to be pretty harsh in that race, especially setting off at the back. I do get excited though ha.

fruitbat

You could have made better use of your bell 😉

jimbobm
    Free Member

Superficial – your completely correct, that’s why I overtook 129 riders… I must have the skill, power and experience then aye?

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

poor chap at the end!

Poopscoop

James, my thoughts on the vid:

1 I am never going to go riding with you. You will seriously get me killed! Lol

2 Some bits of the video actually turned my stomach over. Utterly insane. 😀

3 Seriously good riding mate. Almost “super human” compared to what I think of as a “good bit of riding” for me.

4 Some really ballsy over taking there too, love it.

Thanks for sharing the vid mate, going to watch again later on the TV than my mobile! 😀

100psi
    Free Member

Cool video – you carried a lot of speed there in the middle section

makkag
    Free Member

That Was err … Mega fair play James

eddie11
    Free Member

Good riding but weird attitude. It’s a mass start race where people are ranked on position and you expect people to move over for you?

No quali is a day of mass start heats based on when you bought your entry off the Internet. So it’s completely random And good riders can be right at the back

nant
    Free Member

That was a good watch!

Pook

Yeah i enjoyed that. I think your overtaking in corners needs some work though! You just hare up and hope they shift 😉

Good skills though and good riding.

jamesoz

Great Vid! I had a shocker, if I get the courage up I’ll put my video of how to turn a 2nd row start into 49th. I don’t seem to work at altitude anymore.

Poopscoop

jamesoz – Member

Great Vid! I had a shocker, if I get the courage up I’ll put my video of how to turn a 2nd row start into 49th. I don’t seem to work at altitude anymore.

Do it mate,seriously, just shows your human like the rest of us.

Actually, your still not like the rest of us as most (including me) wouldn’t have the balls to even think of entering that!

damascus
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that but makes me glad I’ve never entered it.

It also made me feel like an inadequate rider.

Good luck in the next event. Looking forward to that video.

eddie11
    Free Member

double post

Superficial
    Free Member

No quali is a day of mass start heats based on when you bought your entry off the Internet. So it’s completely random And good riders can be right at the back

Yeah – what I was saying was that (in both the mega and quali) you’re vying for track position not time. In the quali, if you overtake Mr 50th place you qualify for the mega, and Mr Now 51st doesn’t.

Fair enough if obviously slower riders want to move over, but in the second half of that video, he’s mostly racing people who are roughly the same pace. So buzzing people’s tyres and shouting “rider” doesn’t really work for me – especially when said rider re-overtakes you a bit further on.

One of the great things about the mega is that it’s a long enough race that most people get sorted out into their appropriate positions relatively early on. Then you get to enjoy the rest of the race having great battles with a few people of similar pace.

anagallis_arvensis

I enjoyed it, looked fast!!!! You need sharper elbows like that bloke at the end…boom out of my way, eat barrier!!!

jimbobm
    Free Member

Superficial – its the top 35 that qualify not the top 50.

The only ones I sat behind was because you couldn’t get passed them as those places were either not possible to ride or I risked a mechanical by doing so, I chose not to, which is smart racing! Thanks for your input.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

That’s some quick riding!

chrisrobs
    Free Member

That looks rapid mate well done.

cardo

That was brill… some flat out sections in there mate. Nice one

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Great riding, great clip. Thanks for sharing. I’d love to ride that, but as an all day mince fest taking in the views with my mates, rather than a balls-out hardcore race.

sargey2003

Nice riding and nothing wrong with your race etiquette at all.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 some good riding there. Etiquette looked fine to me, as you only prompted riders ahead when there wasn’t anyone in front of them.

Highlights everything that is good and bad with the Mega.

doubledunter
    Free Member

I got a bit of a stiffy watching that , great racing and riding 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche Video 129 rider overtake – no cheating :)’ is closed to new replies.