Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Megavalanche 2011
  • pacothepizzaeater
    Free Member

So, bitten the bullet, entered the Mega, now how on earth to get there without selling my bike to finance it?

Anyone heading out looking for a car share?

hepsta
    Free Member

I have been recently looking at this event, must say it looks bloody awesome. I would love to do it but I don’t have the money to travel there and aren’t sure about my fitness levels. Been watching some footage and it looks a right laugh!!

cookies

It is a proper laugh. Camping in Alemont is your cheapest option.

Its a 10 hour drive from Calais so a fast economical car is needed.

teamfleurs
    Free Member

…or take the teamfleurs approach and take a slow, un-economical campervan? Seriously, Megavalanche 2011 will be quality.. more brits & more tits (hopefully).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Flights were under £150 Rtn from Manchester/Luton & Heathrow a month back. There will be transfers available (probably) I am going with a Chalet so get pickup.

You can do the train to and from Geneva to Grenoble in under 3 hrs (less than driving) and the bus goes to Allemont and Bourg de Ossians where it connects with the du Heuz bus.

Would recommend taking the Monday after off as fitting all that in on the Sun night will be a nightmare!!

5lab

don’t really need a fast car – as pretty much anything will sit at 90 on the autoroute.

we drove down last time, did a week in les 2 alpes\alpe du huez, then my mates went on to do another week in Morzine. I flew home from Geneva – £40 one way or thereabouts

kimbers

slab how did you get from alpe du huez to geneva?

cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche 2011’ is closed to new replies.