Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MEGA AVALANCHE – race lisence required??
  • cutsngrazes
    Free Member

Im a gold BC member and my mate is a Silver – are we covered so we can enter?
    Also my other friend has no membership – should he just get a doctors note?
    Anyone whos been – what insurance cover did you have
    Thanks

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

No Race License is needed.
    A license will allow the organisers to better place you in the heats.
    If you dont have one, you’ll probably be placed near the back for the heat…although you may get lucky and end up near the middle, or front.
    But the main issue is the doctors note…you MUST have a doctors note to race.
    When you sign in, the organisers seem laid back about it, but rest assured…no note – no race.

Madfly
    Free Member

In terms of the organisors letting you race as far as I understand it’s doctors note or race license.

I looked at getting a proper doctors note (rather than as many suggested forging one) and they wanted £40-50.

BC will sell a race license and membership until the end of the year for around £30 and should deliver it in time or will email it across. Seemed a no – brainer to me.

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

Thanks guys – still confused tho.
    i have BC membership and a provisional license…will that not do?
    as for no note no race…really?

Madfly
    Free Member

If you have gold or silver BC memebership you can upgrade to a full race license for 1/2 price now as it’s past the 1st July. You won’t need a note from the doctor if you have the full license.

Simon

I emailed the Mega organisers on Friday for some clarification.

I asked the question “I am registered to for the Megavalanche at Alpe d’Huez in a couple of weeks time. I haven’t had chance to get a doctor’s note. I do however have British Cycling membership with a Silver provisional race license, will this be enough to allow me to race? Or do I need a full race license?”

The reply was this, “Hello, if you have a race license, it is fine.”

So no doctor’s note is OK but I’m still not sure if race licence needs to be full.

Simon

A provisional British Cycling race license was fine in the end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MEGA AVALANCHE – race lisence required??’ is closed to new replies.