Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • MEGA!!!!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m in Gold DH Pack who else is going?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

entry’s still available ?

atlaz
    Free Member

Can you give your spot away if you can’t make it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just opened today

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, all booked on.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

DONE IT! need a bike, full face, pads hhhhhmmmmmmmm

fbk
    Free Member

Did it last year. Loved it. Year off this year then back again with a big group next year.

Well that’s the plan anyway 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

thegman67

I’ve got the gold to just need to sort out accom can’t wait.

CampbellCoaching
    Free Member

We will be running some Megga training days up here in Wales later in the year if anyone is interested. Focus is riding skills but also just as vital the beta on what to do there in terms of getting sorted out for it and training runs as most info is not out until the Thu Fri before the race.

Will be great for people on their first trip of those who want to get up the ranking a bit!

Have fun, whatever you do!

Mega & Enduro training courses

Bob

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bob – linky no worky!

I fancy it, but not sure if I will be able to ride it. My descending skillz have come on leaps & bounds this year.

How gnar is it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

easier than the lakes!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hmm, you sure about that? What about the Peaks?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

How quick do places tend to go?

dans160
    Free Member

Me, Gold Megavalanche pack. I can’t sort accomodation out until I find out who I am going with. It could just be me but hopefully my Dad will come along for support.

It’s my first one. Any advice?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Quick Q; Is the Avalanche Cup Oz en Oisans just the entry only, or is the minimum entry Bronze for the Mega?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

there is 3 races during the week, is all self explanatory surely?

all info here

http://www.activeglobal.com/gl/off-road-cycling/alpe-d-huez-france/megavalanche-alpe-d-huez-2011

scroll down, it tells you whats included

if you just want to do the mega cheapest option is bronze and gives you lift access from the thursday to sunday

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Thought that was the case, wasn’t sure if the Oz was a separate race or not

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Avalanche Cup in Oz is a DH race which is fun but does take out about 1 1/2 days, I am entered as it’s only a little extra but might either skip practice or 2nd race run. It’s worth being there for the week and riding round and doing some practice but don’t strees about it too much, also if you can stick it out till the monday there is less stress about race/finish/bus back to top of hill/pack/run to airport!!

Also worth a day up in Deux Alp

dirtyrider
    Free Member

also if you can stick it out till the monday there is less stress about race/finish/bus back to top of hill/pack/run to airport!!

word,

i raced sunday and had to be in Calais by midnight the same day

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Also worth a day up in Deux Alp

also worth taking your snowboard 🙂

or your road bike if you want to ride up to alpe d’huez

Brycey
    Free Member

I’m in! Cannae wait!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

with this sort of entry level I think the folks in STW towers need to do another Mega feature!!

atlaz
    Free Member

STW forum dwellers on a mountain. Could be a good feature.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^^ 🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

That was sarcasm

dirtyrider
    Free Member

sure

freeman
    Free Member

Im in too, bronze for me as im driving to Morzine after for another crazy week of it 😀 😀 😀

jedi

high5 dans160 🙂

thegman67

Anybody looking for numbers to make up accommodation let me know I’m on my own

ahsf
    Free Member

@ Campbell Coaching did my own bit of mega training in wales last thursday, snow all the way from the half way house up snowdon to the summit which was very iced up crampons would of been better than walking boots an a hardtail,-29 deg wind chill, i no its cold at the top of pic blanc race day but snowdon was extreme. see you all there team yeti yorkshire pudding 😛

Brycey
    Free Member

I see there’s a live (ish) entry list. Filling up nicely with 900 or so just now, usual high % of Brits.

dans160
    Free Member

Hey Jedi! Dad cannot make it now. So on my tod, may have to rethink and do it next year as the costs are mounting up, I’ll need to hire transport now as well.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘MEGA!!!!’ is closed to new replies.