Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Meet the new furball
  • This is Timothy/Timmy/Tim (the girls in this house choose animal names). He’s a Devon Rex and is absolutely the cutest kitten I’ve ever seen – he’s ace, so much character…

Timmy by davetheblade, on Flickr

Solemn kitty by davetheblade, on Flickr

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cute. And interesting.

What make is he?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

He’s a Devon Rex

What make is he?

RustySpanner

Tell me more, I’m all ears.

And more to the point, so’s he.

john_drummer
    Free Member

He’s a Devon Rex

are you sure about that?

schweet

JoeG
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Dang,John was too quick 😀

Did you pour water on a gizmo?

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

That is one awesome kitty!

Did you pour water on a gizmo?

Erm, yes, I think we might have 😕

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

brakes
    Free Member

I want to pluck its errant whiskers.

It’s cranky whiskers are a trait of the breed and you have to be really careful with them, as they are very brittle

brakes
    Free Member

is it one of those flying cats?
    did you know Timothy was Dumbo’s little sidekick – is that where the name came from?

CountZero

Damn! Cute kitty! I’m smitten with that kitten! 😀
    Seriously, that kitty is too damned cute for words. That first mono photo is superb, beautiful portrait. I’d have a print done and framed, I’d be really chuffed to have taken a photo as good as that. Lovely work.

Cheers CZ – not totally happy with it. Low light and taken at f1.7 – should have gone to f1.9/2.0 maybe for a little more sharpness and less dof to get the ears in focus – was chasing the little sod round the house too, as he wouldn’t stay still, so was firing off shots to try and capture a half decent one 😉

CountZero

Honestly, I like the shallow DoF, it puts all the emphasis on those amazing eyes, I don’t think it would be quite so effective if the DoF was deeper. Nah, absolutely fine as ’tis. Especially considering how flighty a kitten is, I’m astonished you got anything in focus!

Ha, believe me – I binned plenty to get two!

racefaceec90

aww 😀

CountZero

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Ha, believe me – I binned plenty to get two!

Now that I believe! 😆

ell_tell
    Free Member

Don’t know why but that first pic reminds me of Gary Oldman… 😕

chojin
    Free Member

Blimey, that’s one distinctive kitteh! Very cute 🙂

I really wasn’t keen when the Mrs was showing me photo’s of Rex’s – thought they looked like those weird baldy Sphinx cats, but with fur.

Really made up with him now we have him, very distinctive and cute – much smaller than he looks on the pics too

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t forget to teach it to shit in next door’s garden.

It’s a house cat Dez – too rare/valuable to go out (he’s show quality) and apparently they don’t really like it anyway

mightymule
    Free Member

Beware! Devon Rexes are well known to be “velcro cats” and will happily spend their lives permanently physically attached to their owner(s) 😀

He’s lovely!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ooh he is well cool, how old?

CountZero

…STR, I took the liberty of copying your first B&W photo onto my phone, and showed it around the girls I work with.
    Cue succession of ‘awwwwww, it’s cute!’, and one girl said ‘awwwww, I want one! And I don’t even like cats!’
    Instant fan club. 😀
    He ought to have his own Facebook page!
    And the more I look at that photo, the more impressed I am, bloody good photo, that, chapeau!

birky
    Free Member

That 1st photo is brilliant and he looks fab 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Meet the new furball’ is closed to new replies.